The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Something that's been missing. Whar FPR?

EfiniX

As i consider what next, I am faced with a question that I don't know the answer to. I've got a stock FPR and rail along with my high-flow pump and 950FIC's.

How is this holding me back?

transparentdsm

I personally don't really think it is, you may want to think about a higher flowing fuel filter and a larger feed line from the filter to the rail. the stock rail is rather large and the stock FPR may be an issue if its older. It could be starting to fail.

GSTwithPSI

The stock rail is fine from a power standpoint. Although, on E85, I've had others tell me the coating in the stock rail flakes off and causes problems. I've yet to see this happen on my car, however, and I inspect the rail often.

The stock FPR is holding you back because you don't have a way of knowing or regulating your fuel pressure, which typically leads to an inconsistent tune. An AFPR is one of those basic building block kind of mods, IMO. It's not one I'd ever skip out on, especially considering how cheap they are.

EfiniX

yeah, I was figuring... Not sure why the PO didn't put one in, and now I"m wondering why I haven't done so yet, either.

When I do, it seems as though the norm is to set it to 42.6psi. I believe our cars are stock @ 37psi. If that change is made, I would wager that I'll need to tweak some other bits to get everything running right...

slugsgomoo

with the stock FPR and a big pump, your injectors aren't behaving like 950's at idle, but potentially much, much bigger. When I had a stock FPR and a walbro 255 on my dsm I found that not only did it smell very rich at idle, my crank case seemed to smell gas-ish fairly quickly (so I did short oil changes). I've heard rumors from v8 guys that out of control idle fuel pressure can wash down cylinder walls, contaminate oil & cause increased wear, but I never really dug into it further.

Frankly I think an AFPR should be a requirement if you're going over a walbro 190 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts