The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone use black zinc plated rotors?

strokin4dr

I'm in the market for some replacement rotors. I like the look of black hats on rotors and less/no rust... so I've been considering some zinc coated pieces. Wondering how the black finish holds up on these things.

I realize the coating will be removed from the fiction surface with use, but does it leave a clean, smooth, uniform finish? Some pics of used rotors would be nice. From a google image search all I was able to find were "after" pics from a manufacturer.

I'm leaning towards the black finish, but it there is any reason not to go with them, I'll just get the silver coated ones.

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Nobody?

89Mirageman

On my colt and many other cars I just cleaned new rotors really, really well and hit them with some high heat black. never had an issue. I've used the zinc plated rotors in the past and it holds up for a good while but still eventually breaks down with time. I also live in NC where it gets pretty humid so I'm sure that sped the process up a little. I doubt the black finish that they use is any stronger.

bobdole

Go for the Stoptech slotted rotor. They come with the rust protection. I have them on my car and no issues. Using Hawk HPS pads too.

strokin4dr

Have a lead on a good place to buy them?

strokin4dr

Cool. What brand are you running?

bazeng

100463-0-0-0.jpg

Rda

link to build thread

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned