The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bringing a low mile gvr4 back to life

TurboDSM

Well I did it, Again...
After a few years away from the 4g63 world, I found myself back in the depths of its grasp.
Last Saturday I took a trip South and picked up another gvr4. #1193/2000 to be exact. It's been sitting practically it's whole life, which is a good thing and a bad thing.
A little back story, it was purchased new by an elderly lady in 1991 and driven for a few years until a tree fell on it causing some damage to the roof. She decided to sell it and the second owner decided to half ass repair it. He then drove it for a couple years and sold it to the gentleman I bought it from, where it then sat from 2007 until last Saturday.

The car has some bad paint fade, roof needs work, and needs most rubber components replaced, but it's 100% rust free(minus the roof)

Here are some pics

yes, 58k original miles

Now it definitely needs work, i plan on replacing the complete roof with a cut from a sunroof car, but for the price, and the fact it only has 58k miles on it, it's well worth it to me.

TurboDSM

Looked over alot of things with the car yesterday, it has a lot of quality parts on it.
Current mod list:
ETS fmic
Walboro 255
fic 850's
Burshur 3" downpipe and catback
Evo3 16g
Ported and polished intake manifold
FP cast exhaust manifold
Dsm link v2.5
Stainless braided fuel line
Aeromotive fpr
Aeromotive fuel filter

May be more once I dig in further

TurboDSM

Finally got it in the garage. Cts-v brake swap and 5 lug will be underway next weekend. Should be running and driving in a month

ShaggyTE

Buy a kit for the brakes or something you're fabbing up yourself? Sounds good so far, good luck with it!

TurboDSM

no kit. I had some cts-v calipers already, used 1g knuckles since they bolt on, 94 cobra 330mm rotors, and a 5mm spacer and they fit perfect.

img.php

Pulled the valve cover expecting a mess, but the head is pretty clean, especially from sitting for 11 years

img.php

img.php

Mounted my Evo8 wheel

img.php

GSTwithPSI

Pics of the brakes installed? Jason said the rotors need to be machined on the CTS-V setup, as they aren't bolt up: click

Also, the Galant and 1G DSM knuckles are the same as far as the caliper bracket mounting points, so I assume these calipers would bolt up to either knuckle?

TurboDSM

He was using Evo rotors which are bigger than cobras, the cobras need no milling and are bolt on with the exception of a spacer.

TurboDSM

Kinda started to do some work to it. Got my 5lug swap complete and cts-v brembos on. The car is actually a lot cleaner than expected. Hopefully start getting the turbo stuff on it and possibly start it in the next month or so.

This front bumper is trash, but i dont really want to put much money into appearance right now, so it'll do.

transparentdsm

what did you use for spacers and rotors with the CTS-V's i just bought pads and calipers and need to get rotors, brake lines and spacers to finish off the kit.

TurboDSM

98 cobra 330mm rotors and 5mm spacers. I'm gonna try milling the knuckles and caliper mounting holes a little so I can get away with not having the spacer. The wheels poke out way too much for my liking.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned