The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JNZ tuning out of business?f*** NO Josh with large breasts is still in Quad D's

dougmacho

Haven't received my order, called and emailed with no response. Anyone know if they are out of business?

Last edited by a moderator:

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting dougmacho:
Haven't received my order, called and emailed with no response. Anyone know if they are out of business?

Why is it that every time a dsm related shop doesn't reply to an email for a day or two, it is assumed they are out of business? Is that a bad sign?

CheapTalon

I called the other day and he was nice enough to look up my stupid part in the midst of his move. He sounded like he had little-to-no help with everything so I would just give them a few days.

dougmacho

Thanks guys! Wish they had sent me my oil pan bolts! Still haven't heard, and in the mean time i ordered the bolts from STM........only to not receive the advertised two shorter bolts!

Hopefully they will be up and running in their new place soon.

jnava

Staff member
I ordered a bunch of misc parts for the 68hta early last week and received it on Friday, maybe something was backordered?

Last edited:

EMX5636

Just confirming what everyone said. I'm sure he'll get them out to you ASAP, and with all the correct bolts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DSSA

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
I can confirm JNZ is moving locations. And unless Josh has help he is moving his shop solo.

Close, but the man, the myth, the legend, Nathan Pharr was not only there to help almost constantly, he was there to kick my ass into gear when after working 7 days a week, 14+ hours a day, I was starting to slack.

Guy was a godsend and a slave driver all at the same time.

I apologize for any delays anyone incurred during the move. We tried our best to keep everything flowing during the move, but it wasn't 100% possible.

That said, sales is back up and running smoothly (as smoothly as it can this time of year when all hell breaks loose and I'm getting 40-50 emails a day), but shop stuff (including any in-house parts builds) will be a somewhat distant future endeavor. I'm more anxious than anyone to get the new places set up (I've had a new GVR4 sitting basically untouched with piles of parts sitting there, among a few other personal cars), but I'm in this for the long-haul and am not interested in half-assing the new shops. We own the new place, as opposed to leasing like we were, and I'm not getting any younger--I'll leave the current place in a casket, so I want to set it up right which will take time.

In the meanwhile, we're as busy as ever (somedays, even more so..which is why I'm still in the office at 11:39pm on a Friday night), and appreciate the business!

pot

Staff member
That's music to my ears Josh. I'm very happy for you and the prospects for the galant community. There's less than a handful of vendors I prefer to use exclusively, and your @ the very top.

I'm probably conjuring up thoughts you already have in mind to increase sales, but I'd strongly recommend when you have free time, pleas gain a composite of soon to be NLA parts for the galant and publish what is out there in inventory by quantity. I'd place an emphasis on body, interior, and engine.

Nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck and continued success. Thanks for everything brother.

blacksheep

Quoting DSSA:
Quoting SleepinGVR4:
I can confirm JNZ is moving locations. And unless Josh has help he is moving his shop solo.

Close, but the man, the myth, the legend, Nathan Pharr was not only there to help almost constantly, he was there to kick my ass into gear when after working 7 days a week, 14+ hours a day, I was starting to slack.

Guy was a godsend and a slave driver all at the same time.

I apologize for any delays anyone incurred during the move. We tried our best to keep everything flowing during the move, but it wasn't 100% possible.

That said, sales is back up and running smoothly (as smoothly as it can this time of year when all hell breaks loose and I'm getting 40-50 emails a day), but shop stuff (including any in-house parts builds) will be a somewhat distant future endeavor. I'm more anxious than anyone to get the new places set up (I've had a new GVR4 sitting basically untouched with piles of parts sitting there, among a few other personal cars), but I'm in this for the long-haul and am not interested in half-assing the new shops. We own the new place, as opposed to leasing like we were, and I'm not getting any younger--I'll leave the current place in a casket, so I want to set it up right which will take time.

In the meanwhile, we're as busy as ever (somedays, even more so..which is why I'm still in the office at 11:39pm on a Friday night), and appreciate the business!

Tits. I wish I had the pic of Josh with tits! Love you, Joshie!

Tell that cracka Nate I said Hi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
There is one more standard shifted mechanism that will be closer to factory tolerances than it has ever been to date, or since it was in the PO's hands.

Thanks DSSA!

Happy to hear that you guys are where you need to be.

DSSA

Quoting pot:

I'm probably conjuring up thoughts you already have in mind to increase sales, but I'd strongly recommend when you have free time, pleas gain a composite of soon to be NLA parts for the galant and publish what is out there in inventory by quantity. I'd place an emphasis on body, interior, and engine.

That would be awesome if it were possible.

Mitsubishi does not offer out that information, and with the way they run (and have ran) their inventory since the mid 90's, they probably wouldn't have any idea until someone orders a part that they've run out of.

I keep an eye on U.S. Inventory on certain items, but when you see something that doesn't sell run low and think it's on the way to Discontinued Land, they get 300 more units in. Then on parts that are sold commonly, they all of sudden mark them discontinued.

Wish there was a way to do it.

Guessing typically leaves me with an over-stocking issue in most cases. I've got about 20 of the fuel filler hoses from when I saw them getting low again, but they have more in stock now.

I just bought up the remaining GVR4 shifter cables in the country as well.

Currently, with supply shifting from the now-closed Normal, IL plant, to Thailand, I'm not too anxious to see how slow restocking parts into the U.S. system take. I don't know HOW bad it will be (I've heard it going from the normal 30-90 days to now 5 months), but it *WILL* be worse than it has been.

Evo guys will be particularly pissed as the Evo X TSB relays have been sold out for a while now, and their restocking ETA of "Late April" has now come and gone, and even worse, some of the Evo VIII/IX transmission parts (think it was 3rd and 5th gears) are respectively on backorder in the U.S. until approximate times of "Late July" and "Late December" respectively.

Gonna be a lot of pissed off Evo owners when they break tranny parts at the track this year...

CheapTalon

Hey Josh, I have a few things I need to order that aren't listed on your site. I sent you a few emails, and your voicemail is full so I shot you a PM on here. Hopefully we can get everything all squared away so my build is on the road in time for my deadline. I understand you are a busy guy and now is the time of the season you probably see the most business.

turbofonz

I think this title of the thread needs to be changed, because from a glance it looks like JNZ is closing, which no one would ever want.

DSSA

I submit my vote to have it changed to Josh with large breasts and have KC's famous picture headline it....

DSSA

Would anyone be interested in me starting a thread about non-discontinued parts that are at a 0 stocking status with Mitsubishi, that I bought up current remaining stock of?

I really don't want to sell to people who are just going to go out and resell the items at gouge pricing, but to allow people who actually need the part to know "Hey, these could be the last, but are at leas the "last" that we'll see in the near future..."

For example: Currently *0* U.S. stock of the GVR4 shift cables in the country. I bought the remaining units, and currently have 7 (I may hold one back as as spare for my GVR4 though)ready to ship. These are in limbo as I have yet to get an answer out of them as to whether they'll bring more into the U.S.

I can also check inventory count on a certain part if someone is in need of something and it's hard to find. I preface this by saying: "I have no issue looking up and reporting on a part". But that always leads to the vague, lazy emails from someone who says "I want t know availability on every part used in the engine bay---can you look them all up, check inventory, and give me all of the part numbers?". Those emails will be ignored as I honestly don't have time to spend hours to satisfy someone's whimsical curiosities. (End point--keep it short, sweet, and reasonable in requests).

Josh

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts