The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

does anyone know what size and where to buy these?

Pushinink

The light bulbs with the little green condom on them in the dash. same bulb as the ac/heater controls. looks like a 194 but a lot smaller. my local parts store has no idea. I want to buy them new (with the green film and all) I have a few extras but the green has worn off. I even tried to replace with green led bulbs but they dont match as good as i hoped

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Sorry man, but too cold outside to go check on anything for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif At least for me.

I know I had to replace some of my HVAC bulbs a couple years ago, but don't recall where I got them.

G

Staff member
jnz.

Pushinink

the bulbs are size 74 for future reference. oreillys carrys the size, but not the green film that goes over it. the only thing i can find online is green LED. problem is after 20 years of use that green doesnt light up green anymore (the green condom wears out)

mjdarg

I ended up taking the condom off of the bulb from the ashtray since that bulb isn't that important. I have gone around to local stores with no luck to finding the condoms though. From a quick search, it looks like eBay has a large assortment of different sized condoms. They don't like calling them condoms though for some reason though.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Spyke169

click

7 dollars shipped on ebay. 5 green bulb covers for size 74 bulbs.

Vince

I pulled every bulb in the system including center console, and replaced with red LEDs.
Secondary dash color is now ice blue.

You can also go to your local craft store and buy glass paint. I've done that several times in the past and it has worked well.

BOL
Vince

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts