The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

484 alive again.

mistaVR4

I have some very sincere people to thank for making this happen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Before: (Just a cool pic from Bandi in '06)

Beginning:

Just the engine now: (I'll post more when I get a chance)

img.php

mistaVR4

Thanks fellas, yeah it's been close to 9 years since it was road worthy. Now it's an extremely well put together car! Except for the interior plastics, I still need to start finding all of that stuff and start making really nice on the inside, then I may actually make a "members rides" post for once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mistaVR4

I'll get some more up soon for sure, I'd like to make it look as nice as I can....

mistaVR4

Here are a few from the other day. Must ditch the nasty purple tint (on the car when I bought it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). Fix the bowing the vader hood had to offer, otherwise excellent, and wonderful to drive!

mistaVR4

It's a CF trunk & wing, sure dropped a lot of weight! Wing looks off on the drivers side but it has the same size gap as the the pass....I'd like to paint the outer trim around the windshield and rear window corners black as well, get nice roof rain gutters, etc.. however, for now, I'm just really enjoying driving her!

G

Staff member
Take a cordless garment steamer to that tint and it will come off like buttah.

mistaVR4

Sounds good G, I may do that, or, I'll wait till I have the windows re-tinted (hopefully by summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, as the shop I choose will remove it for me.
I'm really most concerned about the hood, the shape first. I think I may try making some type of tapered shims for the fenders to close the gap a bit, I just don't want to throw the lines of the car off to much? Then possibly adding hood pin's for piece of mind, every time I drive it I'm scared that the latch on the car is going to let go, however, it's been great so far (paulo really did a good job making the piece on the hood VERY solid). I'd do the pin's myself but I'm not really sure I trust myself drilling into the CF? Still need to research and find out the best method, I don't have the funds to have it done professionally at a shop. If anyone has any other idea's for the hood, please share!!

Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts