The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 specific custom engine and chassis wire harnesses

dillon233

Hey everyone, I'm joining up with my friend that makes custom harnesses for Formula Drift cars to make Galant specific harnesses.
Prices will come later and depend on how customized the customer wants, for now, I'm trying to get a head count on legitimately interested people. Most likely we will start with the engine harnesses and then move up to the chassis harnesses. I have an extra set of both harnesses to use as templates, but have been asked about auto trans harnesses and would need to get an auto harness to get everything laid out correctly. We are able to wire Haltech, AEM, and stock ecu for Ecmlink.

My friends company is MSPEK Performance based out of Denver and I will be working with him to produce these harnesses.

Attached is a photo of my tucked galant bay that I wired myself and photos of Kacey's engine harness that he made for a S14 running AEM.

car_guy

I'm interested, but curious to see price ranges first. Would just like to get mine cleaned up and running wires to ECMLINK for fan control and SD inputs (IAT, MAP).

unistylef

Im interested

galantgti

Interested as well.

jnava

Staff member
This looks good

mitsuturbo

I'm doing my own now. If all goes well, you may have some competition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bluzvr4

interested in a harness for a auto

Ben

I might be interested as that is the only thing preventing me from starting/driving mine. It's been sitting in my shop for 3-4 years! I got pretty far into building my own harness, but it became too time consuming for the amount of free time I have. Got into racing dirt bikes.

mitsuturbo

Quoting dillon233:

Attached is a photo of my tucked galant bay that I wired myself and photos of Kacey's engine harness that he made for a S14 running AEM.

Where did the under hood fuse box go?

Last edited:

dillon233

I relocated it to my glove box. I know a few galant owners that have tucked theirs to the drivers side fender well where ABS used to be.

dillon233

UPDATE: Should have pricing by Friday. Just finishing up pricing with all of the needed connectors. Found a vendor that can supply new ecu plugs.
These harnesses will have 100% new connectors, new wiring, braided nylon loom, heat shrink, and quick connect injector clips.
Basic harnesses will be a stock remake and stock path harness runs.

We can customize:
- every piece of the harness and different wiring runs
- colored looms
- fireproof/high heat loom
- connectors
- speed density
- gauge wiring in loom
- sensor/connector deletes
- AEM / Haltech / Evo 8 / stock ecu
- automatic transmission / tcu wiring
- etc

Obviously additional / custom builds will change price depending on request

Once we decide pricing, we will start a group buy on the .org. The more people, the better the pricing.
We are considering opening this up to the 1g crowd as well to get more people. Maybe 2g too.

We are planning on making all of the harnesses throughout a week so we can get them back to everyone as soon as possible.

galantgti

I would be very interested, but my car has oem headlight washers. Would it be possible to include that wiring in the loom?

Street Surgeon

Probably in as well, my harness is a lil' crispy after 254k of desert heat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dillon233

Quoting galantgti:
I would be very interested, but my car has oem headlight washers. Would it be possible to include that wiring in the loom?

That's awesome, I think the washers would be integrated into the chassis harness, not the engine harness, correct?
We are starting with engine harnesses and then going to chassis later. Either way, we would be able to integrate those if we could at least receive pictures of the connectors used for the stock washers.

galantgti

^ all I needed to know. I'm in!

Vince

Interested...
Stock loom has been cut/spliced/patched so any times thanks to brittleness, it looks like hell under my hood!

SteveDSM

I am also very interested!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts