The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

quest for low 11s

bluzvr4

well i have had my galant for awhile and am use to my talon. my talon was very basic. 100% stock engine with arp studs on a 16g with 1250s and 25 pounds to run 11.8s.the car was gutted and weighed 3000 pounds with me in it. now im in a galant so its a bit heavier so i have what i think is over built to beat my last car. figured id ask some of the guys here what i should expect. basiclly im bored and thought i could use a a conversation starter.

mods
8.3-1 ross pistons
eagle rods
arp everything
acl bearings
milled head
larger valves
manly springs and retainers
delta regrind 272s
brand new 68hta
1650 injectors
450fp
aeromotive a1000
act 3200 6 puck unsprung
ets front mount
abs delete
4 bolt swap/ 4ws deleted
should be around 3300 with me in it
plan on 35 pounds of boost

i may be missing some but for the sake of internet bench racing what do you think the car is capable of?

GSTwithPSI

You're missing simple sh*t, like exhaust, tuning software, etc. But, I'll assume this stuff is already implied. I'd say you're sub 12's with a good driver and tune.

bluzvr4

it is 2.5 inch exhaust. plan on running a cut out. it has a fp manifold and a 2g 02 housing. im runing swd density which is alot like jackel was but better.

bluzvr4

the talon was 25 and the boost fell of without the cams and being a 16g. it was also e85 on 1250s and a 255fp instead of 1650s and a 450

brisvr4

Should be more than enough for easy 11's.
I ran 11.4 on a stock bottom end and a PTE 50 trim in a mitsubishi housing @ 28psi or so.
Only had 1450's and E85 with BC 272 cams.
Pretty much stock weight too.

CutlassJim

Quoting bluzvr4:
the talon was 25 and the boost fell of without the cams and being a 16g. it was also e85 on 1250s and a 255fp instead of 1650s and a 450

Cams would make boost fall off worse.

MX4

Quoting brisvr4:
Should be more than enough for easy 11's.
I ran 11.4 on a stock bottom end and a PTE 50 trim in a mitsubishi housing @ 28psi or so.
Only had 1450's and E85 with BC 272 cams.
Pretty much stock weight too.

Do you know what the power figure was for this setup Tim?

brisvr4

No idea sorry Ryan. Car has never seen a dyno /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluzvr4

with the 68hta i dont anticipate any where near the fall of of the 16g tho. i like hearing the 50 trim hiting 11.4s! my honest goal was 11.3 as ironic as that is lol.

GSXftw

Some good times here guys! Every time I read about people running 11s with so little mods it kinda bums me out, while granted the actual altitude is 1400, the DA at my track is always in the 3k-4k area. Im making the move from an 11 sec dsm to GVR4 as well so interested to see how this turns out! Going fast in a 4 dr is way better. OP I have to ask...why such a crazy aggressive clutch? A 3200 unsprung puck just has me saying "ouch"...

bluzvr4

honestly the drivablity is no different then what my act 2600 was. i like to over build and only planned on buying a clutch once lol ive told everyone local that i am just building this car to beat my last best of 11.8 in the talon. when in reality im hoping to possibly dip a 10

GSXftw

For sure. I used to run unsprung pucks, still daily one in my supra now in fact. But man after using a SBC SSX/TZ I dont think I'll ever go back...So much easier to launch and way less harsh on our glass drivetrain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Are you gonna be full weight?

diambo4life

I daily a 3200/4 puck in #476. Quite manageable until I get stuck in some I35 4pm rush hour stop and creep traffic jam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluzvr4

it is almost full. i have a cut front bumper support deleted abs, deleted 4ws. going to modify the rear bumper and want to swap to a manual rack to delete the ps. im also going to be on 16x8 aluminum rims with the 5 lug conversion

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned