The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Noisy lifters! Help please!

Salmo

So I'm about to change my oil, I'm a little late on it I'll be honest, I'm at about 7000km since the last change, but my question is really what is the very best additive for noisy lifters? It ticks pretty bad when it's cold and just starting. And just recently, sometimes the tick doesn't go away when it's warm so I really want to change my oil quick. Also what is the best oil for winter temperatures?

My car is a 95 eagle Talon tsi, and it has 208000 km.

Thank you!

fuel

Proma MBL8 is good for getting rid of lifter tick. I would be using 5W30 or 5W40 oil.

Salmo

Okay thank you I will get that and hopefully it'll go away!
Okay sounds perfect, I am using 5w-30 and I think I'll use some 5w-40 this next time. Thanks again!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned