The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shifter shaft bushes

NZ VR4 RS

Where can you purchase the shifter bushes that go on the shaft that the nain lever goes on. mine have fallen apart and it jams on thee main body when it comes across for the 1-2 shift.

here is the remaing half but that is close to falling apart as well.

its an aftermarket short shifter but it looks like may be stock sizing for the bushes.

thanks Nick

prove_it

I know in the states you can still get them from the dealer.

89Mirageman

All of the bushings are the same size in the shifter. From what I've seen the lower bushings never really wear, just the ones you have pictured do. If there are any cars like yours at the local junkyards you could remove the bottom bushings and use those. Only if you're in a pinch for time though and have the cars local to you. I've done it a few times myself but new bushings are fairly cheap as the others have stated.

4Grim

Since you have access to the shifter assembly you might as well service all the bushings with new ones. They are very cheap to replace and like what the others have suggested..go with JNZ. I just ordered mine which is a total of 6 and the shifter cup bushing too as mine too must of fallen apart recently because there is now excessive play.

JNZ OEM shifter bushings gvr4

prove_it

After I did all the bushings, put bearings in the cable ends on the trans and added shift stops, the shifter felt absolutely amazing. Very crisp and precise. Well worth the few dollars and some time.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
RTMRacing has brass bushings in stock. Contact them with sizes to match the holes/shafts being used on your short shifter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned