The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front motor mount install problems

construct1

having trouble getting my front mount in is there a way to do this...yes its the oe mount with a prothane bushing pressed in.. do i need to loosen the trans or rear mount to get some more play in thie...have the 2 bolts mounted to crossmember and a jack on the trans hole is high enough but needs to be oushed back a couple inches..solutions only please

prove_it

If this is on a GVR4, that front brace is wrong. You need a 344 bracket, not the 347.

construct1

Yep its a gvr4
Why the hell would it even be on the car
Where would i get the right bracket hopefully not the stealership

construct1

how can i tell if its the gr4 motor or something else
timing belt side motor mount is tore as well thats why i was changing the front it looked tore but really
was not bad once i got it out

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
He is not saying the engine is different, but if someone installed a 1g engine, they apparently used the brackets on the donor engine. I believe the 347 is from FWD versions. They front crossmember dimensions are slightly different, thus the different engine mount bracket in the front.

construct1

Thanks everyone for the help hopefully getting the bracket from someone on here
If i did not
Where can i buy a new one is that possible ?

prove_it

The 344 bracket is more rare than a GVR4 is now in days. Looking at the pic, it might be easier to just re-drill the hole to align the mount. I bet that's why the rubber got so torn up, from being stretched to fit.

construct1

so where would i drill to have it properly lined up
currently i drilled it out larger to fit the prothane bushings sleeve for a 5/8 bolt thats going in their
so when i took the pic trans was jacked up to line up the hole and saw its a couple inches off
so when i take it off the jack it will go down onto crossmember obviously because thiers no bolt in their
but i cant just drill holes all over it, naturaly it should be a couple inches off the crossmember but
where is the right height, any one have a measurement of theirs from the crossmember to the bolt hole height when the car is on the ground

thomcasey

You can just slot it. The bolt and nut will tighten down on it.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting construct1:
so where would i drill to have it properly lined up
currently i drilled it out larger to fit the prothane bushings sleeve for a 5/8 bolt thats going in their
so when i took the pic trans was jacked up to line up the hole and saw its a couple inches off
so when i take it off the jack it will go down onto crossmember obviously because thiers no bolt in their
but i cant just drill holes all over it, naturaly it should be a couple inches off the crossmember but
where is the right height, any one have a measurement of theirs from the crossmember to the bolt hole height when the car is on the ground

Download the factory service manual and it will show you the proper height in the mounts before you tighten them down.
If you are using solid inserts, then all you can do is line it up so the bolt slides in. IF things are misaligned at that point, there are great issues, but assuming
all the proper parts being installed at all 4 corners and no shoddy install work, it should all line up without too much grief.

prove_it

Quoting thomcasey:
You can just slot it. The bolt and nut will tighten down on it.

This, you can clearly see where the hole needs to be, so just use a grinding bit to slot the holes until the bolt will pass through.

construct1

i have the wrong bracket
thanks you guys for trying to help me
anbody on here slot that front braket and use it without it moving in the slot all the time

prove_it

It won't slide around as long as the bolt going through is tight and has proper use of washers with a locking washer of some sort.

marvinmadman

Most of the torque will be vertical anyway. So the slot wouldn't really affect anything.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts