The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can someone post a screen shot of a stock timing map?

EfiniX

I'm interested in the values around idle. I think it matches the 1g map on ecmlink's site, but that lists the map as a 1g 1993.

Thanks!

EDIT

That is to say that I think the 1g map is the same as the vr4 map. The reason I ask is because my timing is a flat 5* at 1000-1250rpm's, which looks odd...

Last edited:

prove_it

1G and GVR4 have same maps. Yes the stock map runs 5* in the two lowest cells. Remember though, your adding 5* from the base timing, so it's really running at 10* at idle.

donniekak

That's not how it works. If the map calls for 5* it adds nothing to the base timing. If the map calls for 20* it adds 15*. Take a timing light, and play with the load cells you are in at idle, and you'll see.

EfiniX

Here's what I've seen from a couple other forums:

img.php

This jives with what ECMLink says on their timing map page for a stock 1G DSM

click

For reference, my cells are thus:

img.php

It would certainly explain the big of bog off the line...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned