The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No More ETS

car_guy

I contacted them about getting an intercooler kit and I have been told that it is now discontinued. You can still get the core but no more pipes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

prove_it

The dsm support is dying off everywhere I guess. Won't be much longer before it's rare to see a good dsm out and about.

MellowVR4

Quoting donniekak:
Core + eBay pipe kit = cheaper ets intercooler kit.

Plumbing on these cars are not that difficult. I find it fun actually to make intercooler pipes by cutting and welding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Mdlimy

I am happy to continue where they left off...at a much more reasonable price.

I can use any size, type and brand core you wish. The intercooler on my car I used a cxracing bar and plate 23.5"x11.75"x4" core, 4" is a bit thick for the guys that want it to fit behind the stock bumper without heavy cutting, so i would recommend 3.5".

I have considered making bolt in fmic kits for the community....Prices can vary depending on weather you want a cheap ebay core, or somthing midrange like a treadstone, or somthing more expensive like an ets core or precision, etc....

My skills are not that of ETS but I am still a very competent welder and the more I do the better they will look... If this is something that interests you guys, let me know, this community is tight knit and full of a bunch of great stand up guys, I'm happy to contribute to that.
IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

This intercooler was built around my setup, I can definitely build a setup around a bone stock gvr4 to allow a bolt in setup like ets. Also open to any ideas that would help improve on ETS' design....
Hope I'm not breaking any rules, not trying to advertise, just offering an option for you guys....

thomcasey

Nothing wrong with those welds. Nothing wring with a few pennies in the row of dimes. If it holds, it holds. This is a fantastic option!

KiNgMaRtY

Oh wow, They had offered it for quite sometime. So sad.

Mdlimy: It is always great to have options!

Last edited:

transparentdsm

Quoting Mdlimy:

IMG_2600.JPG

1 thought, with the pipe being attached to the core like this you'll have to remove the intercooler to change out alternator. you may have a relocated alt. but just a thought.

Mdlimy

Yes most likely you would have to remove the intercooler, once the bumper is off it only takes me about a minute to remove the intercooler.

But, this design can be changed.

I think I'll start a new thread to get everyone's input and see if we can agree on a couple variations that cater to the needs of everyone. There are many ways to build this kit and if I'm starting from scratch, might as well find out what people want.

pot

Staff member
I was finally going to pull the plug and pick up an ETS kit this Christmas as they traditionally have a Black Friday or X'mas sale but I would definitely be interested to see what you have planned. I would be interested in the tried and true Spearco 216 core or whatever it is called. If I had my way, I'd copy Turbowop's kit pictured below:

tektic

I have the ets kit and don't like where the inlet of the intercooler connects. In order to access the coupler I have to remove the grill and head light. Making changing an alternator an even more miserable project.

Also if possible it would be in my opinion a better choice to run turbine discharge pipe low instead of above the turbo manifold.

Mdlimy

Quoting pot:
I was finally going to pull the plug and pick up an ETS kit this Christmas as they traditionally have a Black Friday or X'mas sale but I would definitely be interested to see what you have planned. I would be interested in the tried and true Spearco 216 core or whatever it is called. If I had my way, I'd copy Turbowop's kit pictured below:

That's definitely a doable setup, those cores are quite expensive, but do flow very well. Im suprised that size intercooler fits so well, ill look into that design a bit more.

Mdlimy

Quoting tektic:
I have the ets kit and don't like where the inlet of the intercooler connects. In order to access the coupler I have to remove the grill and head light. Making changing an alternator an even more miserable project.

Also if possible it would be in my opinion a better choice to run turbine discharge pipe low instead of above the turbo manifold.

My intercooler is much easier to access that couple since I have a longer inlet welded onto the endtank. But this would make alternator removal hard since the whole intercooler has to be removed. Maybe a compromise between the two designs would work best.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned