The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anybody have Timesert 8 mm kit to loan?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I am looking to fix my exhaust studs soon. I am getting the Bigsert kit for those holes already helicoiled, but won't need that for all the locations. If someone has the regular size kit for 8 x 1.25 that they would loan me, I would get my own inserts. Just want to order everything together.

Thanks.

prove_it

I only have down to 10x1.25 in the time sert. Amazon usually has the kits fairly cheap.

OldHairyBastard

Dave,

Can't you just tap the holes to a bigger size instead of using coils? I re-tapped all of mine and used standard studs as they are easy and cheaper to find. On the 2 outer big studs I bought studs that were bigger going in and smaller out so they would still fit thru the holes.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hmmm, something to think about. I have done that job for the end ones already. Thanks Doug.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting OldHairyBastard:
Dave,

Can't you just tap the holes to a bigger size instead of using coils? I re-tapped all of mine and used standard studs as they are easy and cheaper to find. On the 2 outer big studs I bought studs that were bigger going in and smaller out so they would still fit thru the holes.

The reason I didn't do this was because I couldn't find grade 11 bolts in the correct length, thread pitch, and that were flanged. One size bigger wouldn't of been enough, probably would of at least had to of gone 2 sizes bigger. Which would of probably required my fp manifold to have the holes enlarged as well. Time serts were a much better solution.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned