The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GT3071R

Anybody here run one or run one in the past? I've just acquired one, DSM style exhaust housing with FP manifold and an externally dumped Tial 40. I have a general idea of what to expect out of this thing but I'm looking for some real world experience, thanks!

slugsgomoo

just doing some preliminary googling (ahem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) I found this from a wrx, but it at least paints part of the picture.

dyno_turbo_08wrx3071rvs3076r21psi.jpg

they go into some details here: click but it looks like they only ran that baseline between the two, and only did tuning & tweaking with the 3076r.

I'm not sure that the 3071R is going to be any better than an HTA68 in terms of performance or responsiveness, but someone else may be able to comment more on that.

At that small size & power level I would definitely not want a dumped wastegate (run recirculated IMO).

Ya honestly I would have gone to a 68 but I got a killer deal on this thing. I've googled this thing to death and am generally aware of what to expect out of it, but was really just looking to gain knowledge from some real world experience.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned