The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacement Windshield

thruarod

Has anybody gotten their windshield replaced in their Galant? I called a few local places that come to you and do the work, but they can't seem to find the glass. Any hints on where to get one would be appreciated.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
They may have to order it, but should be able to get it. I had mine done about 3 years ago.

holeshotmoe

Talked to click the other week and the guy told me they replaced windshields on 40 of our cars last year. They have them. Going to schedule mine as soon as I can find time to find the trim clip set. Don't want them setting my trim with just the urethane.

GSTwithPSI

Does Safelite use the 1 piece seal? ---> click

I'm tired of f***ing with the factory trim pieces, and am looking to replace the front window, trim and seal. Thoughts on the 1 piece seal?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I would do the one piece seal if you can get it. Company that did mine did not have it at the time but said they could get it if I would wait a day or two. Just ask ahead of time.

prove_it

Do it. They make the one piece seal in various widths to cover any vehicle. I regret not having one put on when I had the WS changed on 715.

G

Staff member
Who makes that seal? I would like to buy it.

marvinmadman

I made an appointment for a replacement with a 1 piece molding at a local shop. $50 comp deductible FTW

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting G:
Who makes that seal? I would like to buy it.

Not really a seal. The w/s is still sealed in with urethane. the molding has a u-channel to slide over the glass and is then glued in with the windshield (at least the ones I have seen). I would ask a local glass shop. they probably have it in rolls.

prove_it

Yep, if you see a WS guy in a parking lot, stop and ask. I bought 15ft off of the guy for 20 bucks. They have various widths. You can only install it with the WS out though. It wraps around the edge of the glass and gets glued in place with the urethane.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned