The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Direct fit injector upgrades.

gvr4ever

What aftermarket injectors are a direct fit?

Who are the well priced well rated retailers now days?

EMX5636

Most common are proabably PTE or FIC. They make standard low impedance, or high impedance with adapters and coil pack resistor delete.

prove_it

Quoting gvr4ever:

I personally enjoy tuning FIC injectors, except the blue max 1600's. They make a great reliable product. Rarely do I see a injector test showing one that flows less than rated.

jeverts

FIC are very good, so are ID's if you want to drop the coin on them. If you do get either make sure you spend the money on a descent fuel filter. Nothing kills these injectors more that sh*t in your fuel.

tektic

It should be said that fic needs specific o ring and grommet kit to fit properly. OE will not fit properly.

G

Staff member
Click on the excel file >> click

mitsuturbo

Now that i have FIC BlueMax High impedance 2150's, i wish i had gotten them long ago. I've been reading for years how they're basically the best injector money can buy. I had rc 550s, which were fine for my sm16g. PTE 650s when i went to a big16g. MSD 1000's when i got into bigger turbos. As the sizes went up, they became increasingly more difficult to tune properly (albeit far from impossible). Now that i've dropped 2150s in and they run beautifully with very little fuss, i regret not getting them as soon as i'd seen all the praise they were getting.

mitsuturbo

Quoting prove_it:
Quoting gvr4ever:

I personally enjoy tuning FIC injectors, except the blue max 1600's. They make a great reliable product. Rarely do I see a injector test showing one that flows less than rated.

I've heard this a lot about 1600's from all manufacturers. They just don't seem to be a good injector to try and tune. Especially on pump gas. I hear anything low impedance and over about 1150 gets to be kind of a PITA to deal with.

prove_it

Yep, the blue max 1600's are the worst from all I've gathered. However with that said, they can be tuned, just more tricky. Much harder for someone who in inexperienced. 222 is running them and I got them down. It took a lot of deadtime playing to get them good. That is with E85 though so it is easier since they aren't trying to run a very small amount through them.

The high impedance injectors are truly a dsm god send present. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I played with 2100's before and they idle so smooth and clean. I agree, they are hands down best "huge" injector to run.

gvr4ever

I wouldn't go too big, so I'm not worried about that, but what size would be good for the stock fuel rail? Stock fuel lines too. Wally 255 pump. Keydiver will make me a new chip, so, a basic tune.

tektic

To give you an idea my fic 950cc say they are running at 51% Duty cycle on a s16G at around 24psi measuring 1600hz on an evo 8 maf at 5k rpm 100%tps. They idle well and I have plenty of room to add a bigger turbo.

gvr4ever

22-24psi max. New stock head gasket and bolts. It's a daily driver. Just wanting to not use used/refurb EVO 560cc injectors anymore. They have been a pain in my ass.

gvr4ever

Likely choosing between 650cc or 750cc injectors from keydiver.

Any reason not to go with the 750? Boost is limited to a basic head gasket and factory head bolts as well.

transparentdsm

well im running 21-22psi out of an evo 3 16g with 780cc injectors. well 24psi on a b16g is pushing it as it is. that is about the limit without port and clipping and other work. you should be fine with 750's.

gvr4ever

I ordered the 750cc injectors and a new chip. I don't race my car, so I'm not too worried about huge power, but if I have to buy something new, might as well upgrade...

gvr4ever

Quoting tektic:
It should be said that fic needs specific o ring and grommet kit to fit properly. OE will not fit properly.

Well, Jeff didn't really have injectors in stock. His web page showed them in stock and let me check out, but no dice.

Anyone order injectors from JNZ tuning?

Wondering if they include all the gaskets needed for a install. Is the grommet the gasket from the injector to the intake?

click
click

I'm looking at these two. Does it really matter? One better then the other?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts