The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what is that? exterior/interior help

dkvr4

I will be going to get a detail on Saturday but wanted to see if anyone could tell me how this happened to my door and how to fix it, as well as if anyone has seen this interior switch ever because I can't seem to find it but it's labeled as Mitsubishi - I will also be going over the car Saturday to make a list of what I need and going to try to find what this connects to. But any heads up info would be appreciated

It's the same spot just at different angles.

Don't know if that comes from factory (doubt it) but it has no function as all four windows work perfect with the switch off as also on.

Thank you in advanced

KiNgMaRtY

That is not factory. The switch could be for one of many thing that that are in there or were in there by the previous owner. Try to trace it to see where it leads.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Is this a paint peel?

Quoting dkvr4:
I will be going to get a detail on Saturday but wanted to see if anyone could tell me how this happened to my door and how to fix it, as well as if anyone has seen this interior switch ever because I can't seem to find it but it's labeled as Mitsubishi - I will also be going over the car Saturday to make a list of what I need and going to try to find what this connects to. But any heads up info would be appreciated

Don't know if that comes from factory (doubt it) but it has no function as all four windows work perfect with the switch off as also on.

Thank you in advanced

KiNgMaRtY

The car may have been painted previously and that is the paint pealing and showing the primer underneath.

89Mirageman

Not sure how it happened but it would probably be cheaper and easier to just sort that part from another GVR4 that is the same color. It's only held on by clips and doublesided tape. Somebody could also repair the damage and blend the paint I'm sure but I think it would cost a few hundred.

dkvr4

You know what, now that think of it, it happened when I came out of the car wash (hand wash car wash) so I'm going tomorrow to show them but I talked to the manager on the phone and told him I have pictures of the car before I bought it (just bought it two days ago) and how it looks like now. He said if was probably because the paint was already bad that it happened, I'm like ok even if that's the case none of your employees informed me that it happened. so we will see how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully they will pay for it to get painted or comp me in some type of way to make up for it

Picture of the car before I bought it.

brisvr4

The drivers door trim looks like it's been re painted before, it's a different colour to the rest of the car.
I vote for bad paint prep.

dkvr4

Can someone confirm that this is a grace silver vr4 - and know the color code, tried to search for it online but no code.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
H84 is Grace Silver on the Mirage/Colt/Summit.

You are lucky because you have the panel to start with and can repaint it at minimal cost. Car looks great other than those two panels.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Do you have the door lock power on/ off switch?

dkvr4

Quoting FlyingEagle:
H84 is Grace Silver on the Mirage/Colt/Summit.

You are lucky because you have the panel to start with and can repaint it at minimal cost. Car looks great other than those two panels.

THANK YOU! I was going crazy trying to find the color code. So the car wash is saying it was just badly painted and that's why it peeled so they didn't offer anything type of compensation which is okay I'm not going to be a kid about it. I'm getting the car detailed tomorrow so I'll have the guy look it over and before and after to let me know if anything thing else on the body needs to be addressed.

dkvr4

Quoting G:
Do you have the door lock power on/ off switch?

Are you talking about this?

Everything power works on the car. I've been driving with the power window switch on and off to see if there's any difference between the two and nothing. So I'm waiting for my friend to let me know when I can pass by his shop and start tracing where it goes

89Mirageman

Sadly, this is one time I'd have to agree with the car wash. No way it would have done that to a properly prepped and painted panel. Like someone mentioned above it was poor prep work and the paint just didn't stick like it should have. Still a fairly inexpensive repair though.

dkvr4

The speakers are on the dash. It's the same thing on the driver side but this was a better picture to show where it's at

dkvr4

Quoting 89Mirageman:
Sadly, this is one time I'd have to agree with the car wash. No way it would have done that to a properly prepped and painted panel. Like someone mentioned above it was poor prep work and the paint just didn't stick like it should have. Still a fairly inexpensive repair though.

Yeah I agree too unfortunately, that's why I wasn't too pushy with them trying to repair it or give me a free detail or free something. Still makes me a tad upset when I see it though but I'll get it fixed, just waiting to see what other bad prep work if any shows up during the detail (I'll be present and helping with the detail so I can go over everything personally as well)

GSTwithPSI

The USDM VR-4 has 3 sets of speakers; located in the rear window panel, the front doors, and dashboard (where yours are pictured). Does the JDM VR-4 only have 2 sets of speakers?

Dasith

some JDMs do have 3 sets of Speakers, Mine does.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned