The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Old Vr-4

G

Staff member
I never started a build thread for my other vr-4. So i'm starting a thread for it. No particular order just random things I make progress on as well as parts I day dream about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

New Nardi wheel installed with JDM hub & 15mm special order spacer. It moves the wheel the perfect distance from the stalks as they tend to get in the way during spirited driving.

IMG_0493.jpg

Earls Solo bleeder installed on the new slave.

solo.jpg

Mitsu longer slave rod. Not much longer than the bendix/ japan unit. I think the dsm rod is even shorter?

unnamed_4.jpg

Found some sweet high temp silicone vacuum caps. Don't use the crappy rubber ones you find at auto parts stores. They don't last.

unnamed_5.jpg

Fresh oil change.

unnamed_6.jpg

JDM golden key. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

unnamed_3.jpg

Last edited:

89Mirageman

Very nice so far. You're right about the rubber plugs. I bought a pack and one lasted a few months on my intake manifold before it cracked causing a vacuum leak.

prove_it

I'm so not surprised by the pink HKS oil filter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The gold key is interesting, I like the rounded off Mitsu diamonds.

G

Staff member
Exactly, they look fine installed because you can't see the cracks until you squeeze them. This after only a few months. They basically dry rot in the hot engine bay. Chinese rubber. Well no one will see the filter installed unless you get under the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif and I have not found a use for the pink vacuum caps yet. They don't seem to fit anything under the hood. Though the green, black & light blue ones fit a lot of things perfectly.

turbowop

I've never had an issue with hitting the stalks while autocrossing my car with the standard steering wheel spacing. And that's pretty spirited. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Wizardawd

My store sells the rubber caps as well as an assortment of the silicone caps.

Wiz

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

WTF, G? Ain't nobody care about your green vacuum caps and pink oil filter. We want to see the Hypertune intake manifold and OS Giken twin plate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member
Wopper, you must have girly man hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif were you wearing gloves? GST, I'm a baller on a budget just like everyone else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbowop

I'd like to think I have pretty normal hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif Do you have sausage fingers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Jesus_Negros

So what does the car look like?

G

Staff member
No way man, I spend big $ on usdm hallman boost controllers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turdb0

I have a Momo hub, then I got a NRG quick release, and then I couldn't even reach the signal light stalk any more. ahha....

So I'm playing with the combination of parts I've got which is a Works Bell hub, with Works Bell hub adapter (30mm)... but I think I need to just order a NRG short hub and maybe a 1/2" hub adapter to get the perfect distance.

G

Staff member
Bruh, you driving with your chin? I think 15mm is perfect and wouldn't go any more than that.

G

Staff member
The spacer I added is this section here in red. Otherwise the distance without it is stock.

111321_3mg.jpg

Turd, I have the e39a specific works bell hub fs nib if you need one.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
New hood hinge installed. Got tired of the clackity clack clack clack.

unnamed_10.jpg

strokin4dr

I need that same hinge. Where can I find one? Price?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts