The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#613/2000 build thread... now prepping to run 10's and/or sell?

turbohf

figured i would make a new post showing whats going on. i dont really have the attention span to keep updating my Galant like i should. but i have decided that the Galant is priority, and progress WILL BE MADE. and im gonna try to keep this updated.

so basic list has been made:
tuning
tires are sh*t
steering rack is leaking
need LSD/axles
brakes are just "ok"
want coilovers
ALIGNMENT!!!

couple others on the list, gonna call it phase 2:
quicker spool and more power
stereo system is weak
seats? steering wheel?
still need 92 grill
remove chrome crap

anyway on to pics...

scored a 92-93 AWD DSM rack since mine is leaking...
IMG_20150120_195333_zps251d0695.jpg

dont mind the Integra, she is on some serious JSB after trying to make some music with the valves (bent every one lol)

IMG_20150120_181341_zps6a975777.jpg

IMG_20150120_181321_zpsf667710a.jpg

"4bolt" rear axles = stronger that the 3bolts in my car
4bolt LSD rear end axles
5 lug rear hubs/stubs/rotors (gonna turn the rotors at work)

IMG_20141229_181537_zps2579bbd6.jpg

oh, didnt mention this above. think i have a couple junk lifters. seem to not pump up when cold/low RPMs. and randomly get 1-2ticks when running. so i picked up some fresh ones. also have a valve cover gasket set around somewhere.

IMG_20141229_181435_zpsf055efb5.jpg

ECMLink v3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif 3rd time? i would prefer to tune her on AEM, but my box is broken... someone come tune my car.

IMG_20141221_192201_zps3552acba.jpg

eprom ecu... still need to finish socketing it.

Last edited:

turbohf

MORE PARTS!
IMG_20150128_180937_zps54dae4a9.jpg

thats my buddies work bench btw. mine is covered in misc H22/Honda parts at the moment.
Centric 5lug front rotors
Hawk HPS front pads
5lug front hubs (thanks coyotes)
new bearings and inner/outer seals
freshly turned 5lug rear rotors
Posi-Quiet rear pads
couple of oil filters from Mitsu cuz i had them on the phone.

i also tried cleaning up the rear diff...isnt show quality shiny, just less dirty.

so i need to order some fresh oils for tcase/diff/trans... (engine only has 1000miles on its oil) i got some washers at work to seal those up. and waiting on my coilovers, and buddy to get some tires for his EVO so i can steal his wheels...

already making plans for my phase 2. entered negotiations for fresh turbo kit, maybe some seats... need to finish what i have started above first (begining to see my attention span issue?). hoping to set that rolling next month with tax refund/selling Honda sh*t.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

coyotes

got a decent pile of parts going. it was nice meeting you yesterday, I would have chatted longer but I could feel my boss's eyes on the back of my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

turbohf

was nice meeting you too, i would like to meet more of the VR4 community also, only met a couple so far. usually i would talk more, but i dont care about what my boss thinks. i didnt want to leave the guys stranded at the back counter for too long.

i went to go throw those hubs on my desk, and get a comment about the pile getting bigger LOL. dont think they have even seen half the stuff in even the last pic.

turbohf

so i was thinking. i know what my Galant looks like, you guys might not.

IMG_20140728_195353.jpg

this is most recent

IMG_20131110_143310.jpg

IMG_20131110_143251.jpg

IMG_20131110_143323.jpg

took these right after i got my 93 headlights and fresh bumper markers.

IMG_20131110_143333.jpg

there is a Spearco 2-216 (Indyracecore) hiding in there believe it or not.

IMG_20140731_181521.jpg

engine bay is looking pretty shitty. still plan on doing some cleaning up under there. not in my parts pile, but i do have a nicer valve cover that i have plans for. the MAFT is going away, and might end up redoing the charge pipes, might just modify as needed, we will see how my plans of bigger power go.

GSTwithPSI

I don't know what it is, but the USDM front bumpers look a million times better when they are uncut, IMO. Good job not hacking it all up.

I need to find a nice set of 93 headlights too, yours look great.

Last edited:

prove_it

I agree that the US bumpers look good uncut, but damn is it an airflow block.

turbohf

yeah. I was super happy to find those 93 headlight. feel they help the look of the car.

I don't like the look of the cut US bumper either. but I would like to get some more air to that 2-216. I would like to try to cut out just the black horizontal areas. but not sure how it would look when done, or if I have a steady enough hand for it.

turbohf

I did the same on the Integra.
IMG_20140712_191800_zpsb4ee4120.jpg

I don't really care to hack up the bumper. maybe its cuz I feel its hacked? or I don't care about the going factor anymore? first couple projects back when I was 18-20yo I cut some bumpers. thinking I'm at cut 2, uncut 6, plus one just didn't have an intercooler lol.

89Patches

Not really much of a Integra fan, But damn yours is gorgeous! The Advan RG's really set it off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

coyotes

Agreed, looks nice. it's so easy to make hondas look ricey but that one is clean and simple. Makes me miss my GSR.

turbohf

lol. thanks guys. I have a buddy that has done DSM/evo's forever. he always gives me a little sh*t for the Honda's but always gives them credit for looking good, but not being fast. lol.

and its not fast. even with LSD in the trans it just spins both tires. made 290whp/258fttq @13psi. non-vtec.

oh and its jsb:
IMG_20141110_181734_zps22936fe8.jpg

haha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSTwithPSI

Quoting turbohf:
I don't like the look of the cut US bumper either. but I would like to get some more air to that 2-216. I would like to try to cut out just the black horizontal areas. but not sure how it would look when done, or if I have a steady enough hand for it.

I've seen this tried, and it never seems to turn out well. The problem is, those small horizontal areas provide structural support for the slats in the bumper. If you cut them out, the slats sag and look like sh*t. At that point, you should probably just cut them out completely.

I'd bet even with the bumper completely uncut, it flows pretty well. Of course, not as well as a completely cut bumper, but there is a good amount of air moving through there.

coyotes

I don't mind the cut bumper, but the edges need further modificaiton in order to look right. I am going to take mine off and clean it up later this season.

turbohf

so shitty update... buddy that was/is going to sell me his EVO8 wheels is at school, and probably not coming back for a week or 2. sucks. but gives me another min to try to find some EVO IX GSR/RS Enkei's that i REALLY have been wanting for a while. no one seems to have them or want to sell them.

i have tracking number for coilovers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i might just throw these on to see whats up. but my springs (eibach) for my Civic (oh yeah, i have a civic also...too many cars) are showing up before that, and i would like to swap the Cusco coilovers off that and onto buddies car so i can get some big dollars to buy more sh*t i dont need for the Galant. yeah i got issues. anyway, more updates coming as parts get here i assure you! lol

PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you see my EVO9 Enkei;s forsale anywhere!

the civic:
IMG_20140830_124121_zpsae2bc302.jpg

just my 'daily driver' beater pile Civic... was stupid cheap (probably less than 1000bucks into it) it has AC, and gets 32-38mpg depending on traffic.

turbohf

ok, so i finished socketing my EPROM ECU... what a bitch. ECU was covered in this coating sh*t. and i HATE removing factory eproms from boards. my baller Weller soldering station is doing odd things? tip is getting hot, but not really melting solder. had to finish with junk/spare radioshack special.

IMG_20150201_205236_zps7af4d4b1.jpg

installed

then i zero'ed out the MAFT (important step lol)

IMG_20150204_160118_zps9ac40506.jpg

success!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

big thing of the day is that the Integra is no longer JSB... someone needs to buy the f***er, then i can have 100% focus on the Galant, and i can park it inside.

turbohf

I was so excited did a little unboxing on my desk at work. boss was blabbing about some sh*t, wasn't paying attention, i was on lunch :p

IMG_20150205_120439_zps62e375d4.jpg

IMG_20150205_120446_zpsae280c9a.jpg

IMG_20150205_120602_zps311bd887.jpg

IMG_20150205_120733_zps20bff06c.jpg

fresh new set of BC Racing coilovers thanks to our very own bobdole. also got my Hawk brakes from him.

I'll have some more pics and a review of some kind once I get them installed.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbohf

so no work on the Galant today. i worked my my Civic and my buddies Civic... i took my Cusco Zero-2's off my car and put them on his car. he gave me stack of cash (i put Eibach springs on my car, its just a beater civic)...

then i bring stack of cash to another friends house that builds fast DSM/EVO's...
IMG_20150208_191229_zpsd776c094.jpg

IMG_20150208_191302_zps95ee9221.jpg

and now im broke again... sh*t happened quick this time...

Magnus divided T4 manifold w/44 v-band
T67 T4 .84 P-trim divided turbine
V-band O2
V-band downpipe (probably gonna cut this up)
dump tune for v-band 44mm wastegate

yup, just keep dumping money into this car... see whats up with the evo8 wheels again this week, if i get those any time soon, i wont be touching the turbo stuff for a while. still want evo9 wheels though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

coyotes

I have some Evo 8 wheels with some super sticky summer tires on them, zero miles. they have just been sitting around waiting for me to do my 5 lug swap.

turbohf

looks like buddy with the 8's says he is coming back this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i really do want some 9's... probably make those summer, 8's winter...sounds like a solid plan. i know they have pretty deep tread, guessing they are all season tires, Nexen 225-45-17 if i remember right.

im excited. want to get all this brake/suspension stuff taken care of. so then i can start, or finish buying the reat of the turbo parts i need. im sure its a giant list of nickle/dime sh*t. lol. we THINK it should clear the radiator based on measurements of car it was on.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts