The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why can't I find any rear lower control arms?

Ben

I have been searching for a few hours now, and there are rear upper control arms everywhere, but no lower. Are the rear lower control arms on the VR4 the same as other models?
I'm also not able to find any front knuckles either.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If you are looking for new aftermarket replacements, I don't think you will find either of those. Especially knuckles.

I have some lower rear arms if interested, but probably need ball joints installed.

Ben

Good to know

I don't think I can look at a computer screen any longer. I'll have to get back on this search tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

Ben

I'm going to have to get a different daily driver that is easier to work on that I can find parts for.....

Wookalar

These cars are pretty easier to work on, it's just that they are quite advanced for their time and being twenty years old and imported in limited numbers means some parts can be challenging to find.

Scope out the classified for part outs or you can always post a want to buy thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raptorWagon

I ordered lower control arms from Mitsubishi a few years ago, probably NLA now though.

Ben

Yeah, I could call Mitsubishi.

I should have said, something that I have time to work on. Especially this time of year when its dark by the time I get off.

thomcasey

I believe I have seen a post or two on here that stated the rear ball-joints are the same as the fronts.

Quoting Kentstatetsi:
Rock only has front lowers.

prove_it

We don't have hondas so we don't get cool fancy lower rear arms.

prove_it

Pics please.

Ben

If I could weld better,(and had the time) I'd attempt to make my own.

And that is also great to know the front lowers will work in the rear. Makes me more at ease about buying used control arms.

raptorWagon

Quoting pagosadsm:
make your own like I did. Don't wait for someone else to make it. Also who wants to make parts for an over 20 year old car
Rick

Muscle cars guys?

pagosadsm

Jack
My next project is to modd a set of front control arms. I plan on heim joints on the front and a steel bushing with an off set hole in the rear for more adjustable caster. With this set up I can also move the control arm forward for more positive caster. Also thinking of sealed bearings in the rear bushing. Welding Mopar threaded sleeve for the ball joint to adjust roll centers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts