The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear sway bar end link

transparentdsm

what are we supposed to use. i cant seem to find it anywhere for a galant. i tried to use one that is for a 91 GSX, but it does not work. it is to large.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting transparentdsm:
what are we supposed to use. i cant seem to find it anywhere for a galant. i tried to use one that is for a 91 GSX, but it does not work. it is to large.

Stock, or for whiteline or something? I bought them from Rock Auto for the GSX and they worked. I think they may have been Deeza brand. Define what is too big.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
How big is the difference? If you replace both sides that should allow the sway bar to rotate and line up with the stud.

transparentdsm

those are the same exact ones i just bought, you have to get them for an eclipse GSX because they only have the bushing kit for the VR4. my only real option is to order the OEM ones from JNZ, but there 40$ a pop and i have already grinded down the MOOG ones to fit. after i spent my time yesterday getting things to fit and work i noticed that both of my rear lower control arms have a slight bend in them that i never noticed before, so that is probably why the MOOG ones didn't fit. took the car for a short drive to make sure things were good and ill be leaving the car like this for a short period of time and trying not to drive it at all. i now have to save up for a whole bunch of new rear suspension parts. i want to replace and clean a lot of things if im going to be down there.

Wizardawd

I was gonna say, other than the 4 lug hubs, parking brake cables and the 4WS setup, everything should be identical on a 1g DSM. My entire rear sub is from a 1g DSM, easiest way to get 5 lug, non-abs and 4 bolt all in one.

Wiz

mitsuturbo

I noticed the same thing when I installed the 26mm rear bar. It was a bitch to get the new [taller] ones in. Still looking for the "right"ones to replace what I have in there now.

transparentdsm

JNZ has the stock ones. when i get around to getting everything new for my rear end im gonna get those from JNZ, 40$ a pop, but i need it to be done correctly. even now i hate driving it knowing what i had to do to make it all work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts