The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help locating FPS plug

cupajoe

Trying to get my Cyclone manifold setup using Link with the stock FPS. It's been so long I forgot where the plug is located, if someone could snap a picture and/or give me some wire colors that would be greatly appreciated. Also any advice on setup would be good, is this image still correct?

Then we have this one which has the vacuum lines in a different orientation. Which one is correct?

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
Your Fuel Pressure Solenoid will have the following colors:

White/Red, Red/Blue. Please see below

img.php

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting cupajoe:
Trying to get my Cyclone manifold setup using Link with the stock FPS. It's been so long I forgot where the plug is located, if someone could snap a picture and/or give me some wire colors that would be greatly appreciated. Also any advice on setup would be good, is this image still correct?

Then we have this one which has the vacuum lines in a different orientation. Which one is correct?

The lines come out of the solenoid, in exactly the same places, and go to the same places in those two pictures.

Probably getting cross eyed, sitting in front of the computer as you wallow through the hoard of information on what is, the "Cyclone" effect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I went bananas when I compiled this stuff:

Click me for Cyclone help

This helps too:

Click me

Last edited:

cupajoe

Thanks for the help Pot for the clarification. I'm going to go through your links now FlyingEagle.

cupajoe

Quoting FlyingEagle:
Quoting cupajoe:

The lines come out of the solenoid, in exactly the same places, and go to the same places in those two pictures.

Probably getting cross eyed, sitting in front of the computer as you wallow through the hoard of information on what is, the "Cyclone" effect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I went bananas when I compiled this stuff:

Click me for Cyclone help

This helps too:

Click me

Haha, no I see they go to the same place but different nipples on the FPS and canister. Wasn't sure it mattered, but seems like it doesn't. I appreciate the help.

cupajoe

Okay, well I have it hooked up correctly and still not operating correctly. On start up it closed the valve like it should but won't vent to allow it to open at desired RPM setting. I was going through link and noticed that on the diag page where you can turn on sensor for diagnostic that the FPS tab is faded like this. Could this be my issue? Also just put a fluke meter on the FPS plug and its getting full volts the whole time which would indicate that something in link isn't setup right. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts