The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

High Idle

chop91vr4

I have a AMS tuned Socketed ECU and when it is installed the Idle goes up to around 2200ish is that the way it is supposed to be? I just got this car & I'm still learning these DSM's, I have searched around the web and haven't found much about the way it idles & I wasn't sure if it because the guy before hadn't plugged or tuned everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Kibby

Check for vacuum leaks and check the settings in the ecu. I have a really weird idle issue myself. Used to idle normal. Then 1500 and now it randomly wants to idle properly

prove_it

ISC, FIAV, or intake leaks. Also make sure your throttle cable isn't too tight.

tektic

After initial warm up the factory idle speed set in the ecu is ~900 rpm this is higher than a DSM @ 780. The only thing that changes idle speed after reaching operating temp is ac switch ps switch and electrical draw. Otherwise isc will try to maintain that target number. With a stand alone ems unit all that is right out the window. Forget everything Mitsubishi and look up ems board issues.

chop91vr4

Does anyone have a pic of the lines that go to the top of the TB? The guy how had it before me cut all 4 of the lines and put screws in them as for to block off a vacuum line for something, but like was saying i haven't worked with one of these DSM's before & I don't have a good engine layout to tell me what all things are, he also had the wire on the side of the TB off? I'm guessing a throttle pos sensor, but can't notice a difference in the way it ran with it plugged in or unplugged. I will snap some pics for you guys. Thanks
had a 95 gsr before this nonturbo not as many things to mess with to make more HP's Thanks again

chop91vr4

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Kibby

coyotes

That's kinda ghetto. Go buy some vacuum caps at the parts store for 2 bucks and throw them on the TB ports instead of those lines with screws in them. Or double back those lines onto the next port to clean it up. You probably have a vaccum leak in there somewhere. Wouldn't hurt to check all your vac lines and make sure they are in good shape.

Also this may help you out:

1graceonly7zg.png

This is all you need really on your car. Everything else can be removed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts