The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1958/2000 and LILEVO update

LILEVO

I once again have a GVR4!

Long story short, a friend of mine posted a craigslist ad back in 2003 for a GVR4 that didn't start because of "an ECU problem" for $400. My friend drove me up north 4 hours with a bucket of tools and some spare parts. We managed to get it running and I drove it all the way home that night. I hung onto the car for 2 years and sold it in 2005.

Yesterday the guy I sold it to put up a for sale ad. Today I went and picked it up! Very similar shape as when I last had it. It turns over, but there is an electrical short preventing it from starting. Battery wires get hot or something like that. I haven't dove into it yet.

I'll be back on the prowl in this forum looking for some stock bits and other goodies I'm sure.

I still have LILEVO, made 770awhp and ran 9.9's last fall. I'm about ready to drop in a new Fathouse Fabrication 10:1 motor, fully ported head, and fresh TRE Stage 4 trans for the 2014 race season. Looking for consistent mid-9's at 850-900awhp with A/C!

Wookalar

With AC, that's awesome. That compressor looks new. Nice tow rig.

the_underdog

Congrats on the VR-4 and thanks for the LilEvo update too! Hope to see you at the shootout again this year, I loved seeing your car there last time. It sounded and ran so damn good.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Congrats on picking up a VR4 again, glad you've decided to give one a time of the day again. You planning on bringing it or LILEVO this year?

theevozero

There's something to be said about someone who wants it all in their car. Loads of power and ac, I completely dig it.

BpuVR4

^ i don't get why they get removed so often...i'm glad i saw that pic above. it's been awhile since i seen where the condenser goes.

EMX5636

Quoting theevozero:
There's something to be said about someone who wants it all in their car. Loads of power and ac, I completely dig it.

I agree completely, but I'm biased a bit. Saw some of the LILEVO updates on another forum, can't wait to see it out this year! And nice to see you got your old car back.

strokin4dr

Quoting BpuVR4:
^ i don't get why they get removed so often...i'm glad i saw that pic above. it's been awhile since i seen where the condenser goes.

Compressor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ApexHunter

Congrats on the re-aquisition. Black GVR4s are the best.

I really like the turbo LC. I've always thought that if i got one, i'd love to throw some boost at that big I6. Saw some of the videos, it looks/sounds great.

blackvr4

Congrats on the pick up! Lilevo is awesome! Loved seeing at last years shoutout messing up that bike! Priceless

slowpoke

I told amanda to tell you I could offer my services to help out on your galant. But never heard back. If you needed a hand I'd be willing to help. And I still have a ton of parts from the black galant I bought from you. Let me know Jason 2629948514.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts