The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just an FYI, fuel filler tubes

4thStroke

They are still available from Mitsu. There has been talk for years about the last ones being hoarded and sold and will soon be NLA. I just picked mine up, but it cost me over $60. The material seems to be different than the original pieces and they're gray in color.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

IncorpoRatedX

Mine has a new one as of last year. Was in stock at the dealer. Didn't know they were rare.

donkeylips

Are we talking about the lower part or the upper?

4thStroke

It's the lower part. Mine cracked on the bottom side where it enter the tank. A trail of fuel behind the car and puddles at stoplights are kind of a troubling sight.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
As it seems demand is remaining steady for these, they will hopefully keep them in stock for a while.

highrpm666

Quoting 4thStroke:
It's the lower part. Mine cracked on the bottom side where it enter the tank. A trail of fuel behind the car and puddles at stoplights are kind of a troubling sight.

Mine is cracked in the exact location u described. It doesn't leak yet but severely dry rotted and its good to know these are still available.

GSX_TC

There's a guy named Jon Vigil that makes a GVR4 specific one out of stainless.

holeshotmoe

February, 11-teen degrees, this is what mine looked like...after it returned 1/2 tank of 93 octoid to earth :-O I wrapped miracle tape, I mean duct tape around it then put a hose clamp over that. It stopped the leak until the JNZ replacement arrived, which was $38 plus shipping. I lifted that side way up before pulling it off so the (rest of the) fuel wouldn't spill all over.

Last edited:

JDM_DSM

Are we talking about the rubber section? I'm pretty sure when mine failed I just replaced it with a generic rad hose that had a 90° bend at one end. No reason to worry about them becoming scarce imo.

Last edited:

mpt72

Mine wore out in that same spot. Can't really complain, seeing as how these cars are 23 years old. Went to the dealer, ordered it and the next day picked it up. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts