The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What shift boot leather should I get to toss in the VR4?

EfiniX

I was lucky enough to get one of the custom knobs from Rasch. Looks great, save for the leather boot I also go from a 1g Eclipse...

...that isn't big enough to fit.

Caveat emptor, right?

So now I'm wondering, what does fit?

turbohf

in for this also. I have a TEL one, doesnt fit well and isn't in great condition... but does look better than the OE one.

they have shift boots for cheap on eBay. I have bought 2 for other cars that where nice. one for my crx and one for my 99 civic. civic one was a direct replacement. nice leather with red stitch. but both those cars are way more popular for crap like that...

BluFalcon

Got one off of eBay for a 3KGT and modified it to fit by punching new holes for it to fit over the old shifter base. looks great and was easy to do.

EfiniX

3KGT, eh? This is what I'm looking for. One off another car that someone has already used and can say works OK.

I'll look into it.

MellowVR4

Quoting EfiniX:
I was lucky enough to get one of the custom knobs from Rasch. Looks great, save for the leather boot I also go from a 1g Eclipse...

...that isn't big enough to fit.

Caveat emptor, right?

So now I'm wondering, what does fit?

The ones that vr6eater makes are pretty sweet.

ade

ive been on the hunt for something in a greenish suede.
closest i could find is this, but for 105.00 greenbacks! it aint worth it to me.
aclshift00.jpg

snailspool

A short shifter fits with the TEL shifter boot just fine, if thats in plans for the future.

GVR47111K

Use a crown royal bag.

EHmotorsports

im going to be using a crown royal black bag haha;)

EfiniX

As it turns out, vr6eater may have enough fabric for one... Fingers crossed and thanks for the recommendation!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned