The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rarity Among VR4's?

Number680

So I e-mailed Mitsubishi to try and find out if they kept a record of what each vehicle had from the factory. I assumed with only a small amount of vehicles sold they might have that information. I was told they don't have records of vehicles that old. I was mainly wondering which options were more rare to have.

MellowVR4

I know defently the NON sunroof vr4's are rare'er.

curtis

rarest seems to be the ones running and not with jackstands bending the frame rails and or trees growing through the sunroof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Number680

That helps quite a bit. I need to check what my trim code is when I get home.

I assume the variations of the car would have different color, sunroof, radio type, and interior material (leather or fabric). Are there any other variations offered?

slugsgomoo

The only variations in the US market were color, sunroof, and stereo option AFAIK. All of them have leather interior, so you don't need to worry about that.

Number680

Mine has cloth interior. I guess it must have been re-upholstered at some point?

BpuVR4

Quoting Number680:
Mine has cloth interior. I guess it must have been re-upholstered at some point?

damn...that sucks. i actually think the VR4 has my favorite interior out of any car under $100k in recent memory. Thats with a non flaking steering wheel of course.

LIV4PSI

The unicorn I want to own is a KG hard top

^^^ You and me both. I want a KG period, but it'd be perfect non sunroof. I think my car used to be non... isn't there a different in the dome light placement for sunroof and non sunroof? And all the sunroofs were power, correct?

sorry, meant that at LIV4PSI. slow poster

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

You are correct, the non-sunroof cars have the dome light in the center of the roof.
Cars with factory sunroofs (power ONLY) have the main domelight by the rearview mirror. The sunroof switches are also part of that assembly.

-Shawn

My car used to be non sunroof then. I didn't think GVR4's had manual sunroofs... thanks for answering.

turbowop

A lot of the non sunroof cars had aftermarket sunroofs installed by the dealer as an option, but they're garbage quality.

I think at this point, the rarest GVR4's are the ones in good shape with zero rust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

theevozero

Hers leaks unfortunately. I had the exact same sunroof her car has in one of my old dsm's. It leaked also.

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:
A lot of the non sunroof cars had aftermarket sunroofs installed by the dealer as an option, but they're garbage quality.

I think at this point, the rarest GVR4's are the ones in good shape with zero rust. and can actually be driven around under their own power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

There, fixed that for accuracy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LIV4PSI

Earlier in the year, we found out that there are less than a 1000 VR4s that had tags on them. So I bet there are less than 200 that can currently drive and are rust free

Last edited:

theevozero

Mine is rust free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It ran up until a week ago, when I chose to remove the engine for a block swap. Has a factory sunroof, which I like.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts