The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rain Guards?

BpuVR4

Just wanted to ask the guys w rain guards on their cars...how good do they work? Especially the guys who have to drive with their windows cracked due to no a/c in the rain...are these worth seeking out?

GSX_TC

I'm one of the few that daily drives their Galant VR4 everyday and it rains a lot here in Houston TX and I have to say they work great, I have no a/c in my car and when it rains I'm able to put the windows up a bit over the level of the rain guards and the Damm things actually work, air circulates in the car without water getting in, I love em. My .02 cents.

BpuVR4

for some reason i thought you were a California guy. how the hell do you survive in Houston daily driving without a/c? unless im imagining its hotter there than it is throughout the year. When it gets above 90 here, i pretty much just take public transportation and let my car rest.

James

They have dry heat. It's not AS terrible. But I deal with not having AC in Florida with 6000% humidity.

Though I hope to have the AC reinstalled soon

marvinmadman

Yes Houston has a decent amount of humidity just like us in South Louisiana. I wouldn't have a vehicle without AC period.

tyeler18

You guys are whiners. It was 118F in AZ a few times this summer and I didn't even turn my A/C on. Now tint on the windows insures your skin fried to the black leather when you first sit down, but it's not that bad once you're moving. And I DO have A/C in my galant.

transparentdsm

i have the rain guards as well and they work amazing. no a/c and i always have my windows open. even in the winter i just love fresh air.

also i got mine from ebay for 80 bucks shipped.

Last edited:

marvinmadman

Never heard of fresh air in Louisiana. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

BpuVR4

Quoting transparentdsm:
i have the rain guards as well and they work amazing. no a/c and i always have my windows open. even in the winter i just love fresh air.

also i got mine from ebay for 80 bucks shipped.

any tips on what kind to look for, or is this a no brainer?

in this thread: confirmation that VR4 guys aren't sissies.

looked on ebay real quick and saw this baby....holy cow never knew they ran for this much:

Ebay: amg bumpers

Last edited:

transparentdsm

Quoting marvinmadman:
Never heard of fresh air in Louisiana. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

im lucky up here, there is tons of it...

as for the rainguards here you go.

click

there a little more expensive now. 110 for all 4
i also added extra 3m double sided sticky tape to the sections that are going to touch the surface of the door trim that this company hadn't added. if you get them you'll see what i mean.

maroonmetallic

The JDM ones work amazing since they are closer to the car than the stick-on type.
The downside is they get destroyed with the dryer & brush car washes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
My set has been JSB for 4 years now though.

-Shawn

transparentdsm

if you can find the jdm ones there the way to go, but there few and far between. and can be twice as expensive as the stick on ones.

GSX_TC

Houston def is not dry heat, that's AZ and new Mexico that has that. We very much have humidity here.

Chi271

Wish I could upload a picture for you guys... But my buddy gave me a set of rain guards that he got new on eBay for $25, for his 92 accord sedan. He sold the car, and gave these to me considering he thought it looked so much lime an accord lol. Well never the less the fronts fit nice with no modifications, and the rears needed very little trimming. They look great and work even better for a free set of new visors.

8)

Chi271

I said the same lol.. I've gotten complimented on them twice this week, without anyone noticing my tweak to it haha..I'm curious to try an aftermarket front bumper accord lip.

BpuVR4

Quoting Chi271:
Wish I could upload a picture for you guys... But my buddy gave me a set of rain guards that he got new on eBay for $25, for his 92 accord sedan. He sold the car, and gave these to me considering he thought it looked so much lime an accord lol. Well never the less the fronts fit nice with no modifications, and the rears needed very little trimming. They look great and work even better for a free set of new visors.

8)

what kind of trimming are we talking about? i thoguth about this very thread today during out monsoon in chicago...had the windows cracked in bumper to bumper traffic, i looked back and my rear seats were covered in rainwater...not to mention my passenger seat was fairly damp too.

Chi271

Rear section over hangs onto our quarter window some.. about 2-3".. so I cut with a dremel and used the sanding wheel after to make a nice rounded curve..I'll try and get a pic up sometime soon..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts