The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone using universals Harness bar?

Brunoboy

I had a three speed one back when the group buy was on ore 2011. When I sold my car I sold the bar to Tre3zy. Right now I'm just figuring out what other options are out there. Who has what? And how was the install.
-shane

slugsgomoo

send a PM to harry, he may have some more. I bought one a few months back, just had to paint it myself (came painted when I bought the one that's now in 1051).

turbophein

i'm also interested in 1 of these!

Brunoboy

I'm pretty sure a universal bar would work. I liked the 3speed because it gave enough room to recline your front seat and move forward and back but I feel as if it didn't give enough from for rear passengers .(I know you're not supposed to have rear passengers when using racing belts and harness bar) but I feel as a daily that will have racing seats and such I'd like a bar that would fit the median of race and comfort.

Tre3zy

Quoting brunoboy:
I had a three speed one back when the group buy was on ore 2011. When I sold my car I sold the bar to Tre3zy. Right now I'm just figuring out what other options are out there. Who has what? And how was the install.
-shane

its been on the car for a while now and have not installed a harness to it... it basically just acts like a strut bar if you ask me... being that this is my daily for a while and not going to have ted put a roll bar anytime soon there's no reason for me to get a harness or even buy a racing seat... now that being said if your not planning on actually road racing the car or hitting the canyons a lot i dont see a need for a harness, harness bar, or a bucket seat... i have mine there but it doesnt really do anything other than stiffens the cars structure more...

Brunoboy

Quoting Tre3zy:
Quoting brunoboy:
-shane

its been on the car for a while now and have not installed a harness to it... it basically just acts like a strut bar if you ask me... being that this is my daily for a while and not going to have ted put a roll bar anytime soon there's no reason for me to get a harness or even buy a racing seat... now that being said if your not planning on actually road racing the car or hitting the canyons a lot i dont see a need for a harness, harness bar, or a bucket seat... i have mine there but it doesnt really do anything other than stiffens the cars structure more...

Yea I was jw. The stock leathers do tens to slide way too much though and it doesn't help with the auto seat belts

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts