The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Windshield moldings

Brunoboy

I have some messed up wondshield moldings on the passenger side which includes missing the chrome corner. Has anyone use a universal trim all the way around their windshield? If so, how much was it? Brand? And how was install?

GSX_TC

Shane,

See if you can get the originals from Mitsu, if not then just get with one of the many dudes who are parting out their GVR4's.

LIV4PSI

I think they are NLA from Mitsu. I have a complete set from 627 I parted out, PM if you want to talk

460GVR4

You can still get the sides from Mitsu along with all the clips. The top section is NLA. However call some windshield shops, they have moulding for almost every vehicle.

Brunoboy

Thanks everyone, I do need the chrome corner piece if someone has it? I would like to get new moldings though. Anyone have a part number?

slugsgomoo

When I had my windshield redone they did it without the ghastly chrome pieces and I think it looks 100x better. I'd like to get the rear window retrimmed the same way because I think it's a definite improvement. I'd assume a windshield shop could take care of it for you pretty reasonably.

Honestly though, replacing the original glass was wonderful. Not having old pitted glass that turns into an opaque mess when the sun hits it just right is wonderful, I'd honestly recommend a new windshield if yours is old and has a ton of miles. Clear glass is the best.

Brunoboy

Can you take a pic of your trims?

kooter

Not sure if this will help much but.

120 dollars installed. Plus 15 dollar tip for cleaning up the rust that caused the windshield to crack. Also repainted everything he ground off.

Brunoboy

That looks really good, I like that over the stock trim

blacksheep

Quoting brunoboy:
I have some messed up wondshield moldings on the passenger side which includes missing the chrome corner. Has anyone use a universal trim all the way around their windshield? If so, how much was it? Brand? And how was install?

I got the set from mitsu for mine. They sais this was the 2nd last set in the US. The corner pieces - aka the 2 90 degree turns are included with the straight vertical pieces that go on each side. The center piece is NLA from Mitsu. Rears are also NLA from Mitsu. Hope this helps.

Brunoboy

Do you have a part number by chance?

kooter

I will have to look around in the car. I am pretty sure I still have the original chrome corner pieces. Not 100 % posotive but if I do I will gladly send them to you. Will check as soon as I get out of work.
If it is the chrome version you want.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
BTW, they are not supposed to be chrome on a GVR4. They are black, but the paint fades off.

GET THEM PAINTED, EVERYBODY WITH CHROME CORNERS!

When I had my windshield replaced, I asked about doing this, but the guy only had a real narrow rubber molding with him, not a wide enough one. I would have had to wait another day to get the job done if I wanted that.

kooter

I did find them if you want them just let me know. Pm me your address info and I will send them too you. It is just the corner moldings in chrome. No clips. Also they are off a 90 galant base. I compared them to the ones on my gvr4. They look the same.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Quoting iceman69510:
BTW, they are not supposed to be chrome on a GVR4. They are black, but the paint fades off.

GET THEM PAINTED, EVERYBODY WITH CHROME CORNERS!

When I had my windshield replaced, I asked about doing this, but the guy only had a real narrow rubber molding with him, not a wide enough one. I would have had to wait another day to get the job done if I wanted that.

Everyone I've seen is Chrome lol time to start painting.

nemovr4

There are some universal rubber mouldings that can be dropped in with the front/rear windscreens...

blacksheep

Quoting brunoboy:
Do you have a part number by chance?

I have them uninstalled in my basement. Let me get a pic. You can buy it for $3500. Comes with a free gvr4... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts