The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone have a stock water pump

G

Staff member
Anyone have a stock water pump from mitsu nib laying around? Is it made by aisin?

img2765rr.jpg

img2768ow.jpg

Not sure what's up with the pics.

gvr4ever

Mine just came in a brown box with a Mitsu sticker and PN on it.

G

Staff member
What name is stamped on the pump is what i'm after.

gvr4ever

It doesn't have a brand name(made by), but it was made in Japan and so is yours. Likely from the same source in a different box.

Last edited:

ercp98

the original pump was replaced by the dealer with aisin stamped water pump a long time ago when they did the t belt and water pump.
i had to replace the water pump and t belt again recently. i was able to get replacement from
rock auto and it was stamp aisin too.
i hope this helps.

click

Last edited:

G

Staff member
The reason I ask is because the water pump kit is only $46 from rock auto and $48 on amazon >> click Cheaper on amazon when you factor in free shipping and no sales tax. Mitsu charges $165 for the same kit. Which is the first part # on the aisin box. md972052. >> click

Last edited:

G

Staff member
I'm more interested in what the stock pump has stamped on it.

strokin4dr

AISIN makes the stock pump. I just checked my new in box pump. I paid dealer cost plus tax. This is a good deal.

G

Staff member
$48 is a good deal considering it's the kit so it comes with a new gasket and o-ring. On another note, who makes the stock timing belt component bearings? gmb or nsk? Anyone have a idler or tensioner from mitsu laying around?

G

Staff member
Perfect!

G

Staff member
Amazons cheaper!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned