The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I entered 1051 in a street car competition

turbowop

About a month ago, for the hell of it, I sent in a submission to importmeet.com for entry into their drag/autox/show streetcar competition happening this August. It's a PNW group putting it on. I really didn't think they would choose my car, but I got an email over the weekend saying I'm one of the ten chosen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Here is the Facebook link to the event

Here is the link to the event on their webpage

So it's a three day event held in and around Seattle that sounds like fun. Street tires are required as well as the use of either 92 octane gas or E85 (though I have confirmed that my meth kit is allowed). I have to pay like $225 to enter, and I could possibly win a set of new tires. About the only other things gained would be some video/pics recognition and a t-shirt, lol.

What do you guys think? Should I go through with this?

turbowop

I guess I was more wondering if you guys thought this sounded legit enough to spend the money and enter the car. It would be fun and cool to get an old Galant in the spotlight. I have plenty of friends in Seattle so staying somewhere for the weekend shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully nothing breaks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

turbofonz

Get that thing on corn and win.

turbowop

I emailed them back to confirm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm just gonna run the car as-is. Upgrading to corn isn't in the cards right now. I'd have to update the fuel system, change the tune, etc, etc. I don't have the time/money with my upcoming wedding, honeymoon, and other priorities right now. That, and there isn't any E85 stations around me, so going to corn would only be worth it for the competition, making it not really worth it in the long run, IMO.

EHmotorsports

Do it!!! If you want any track side support I'm down:)

4Grim

I would...but wouldnt push the car to extreme measures IMO. Hope the tires you win are badass tires.

raptorWagon

Quoting turbofonz:
Get that thing on corn and win.

With what Mark already stated, only 2 or 3 E85 pumps in the state lol, including the one at the Naval Air Station on Whidbey Island.
Not true E85 year round either lol.

Should do it Mark, be fun to take the car out for more than just a show. It's not often you track 1051 these days lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5OF2k

Do it.

You built it, now drive it!

It's not every day people want a GVR4 to be part of an event like this. I say, you made the cut, so why not show them what you and your car are made of!

Get after it man!! Kick some ass!!!

-Jake

turbowop

That's why I entered. I've run the car so many times over the last decade at the strip. I already know what it will do, so I don't feel the need to take it out that often. Shows are fun, but redundant. This seemed like something fun and new, and could be cool for our little community. I really didn't expect them to select a 21 year old hoopty though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

prove_it

I'm excited for you Mark! This sounds like a good time. You'll be talking your ass off with so many people asking about the car. 1051 has always been the rep of the USDM GVR4's. Hope you do great and have some fun.

bazeng

Do it and watch the value of GVR4's increase in USA!! lol.. Do it for the TEAM!

On a serious note, have fun with the car. Sounds like a cool event!

desant78

Guess its time to start practicing.the auto.x part, very jealous make our hoopties proud!

turbowop

It will be like the fourth time ever for me autocrossing, and the car is a bit laggy for that type of racing. Being that the cars have to score in show, comfort, dyno, drag, and autocross, I'm hoping some of the other events make up for what I might lose in that one.

BTW, I was instructed not to give anything away on social media, which I didn't really think about but I guess this forum could be considered that. So please don't say anything on the Facebook page. Thanks.

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

When is it? I looked briefly, but didn't see a date. I'd like to go watch.

jogalant

Hell yeah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Now I don't want to sound too mercenary but I think the organizers have it all wrong. They should be paying YOU! Or at least enter free. Not the other way around imo. They're being selective about who competes so for the privilege to witness 10 attractive, well-sorted vehicles compete, the last thing they should do is charge you, a chosen entrant, to run. I'm sure Falken can foot the $2,250. Just my $.02. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now go out there, reprezent and kick ass! Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts