The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Meet my donor

GSTwithPSI

Well, here she is. My soon to be engine donor for #1813. I will be transplanting the 4G63 from this gem into the VR4 a soon as time permits, and hopefully taking care of all my engine woes. ( My woes----> click click click )

You are looking at a beautiful 90' Plymouth Laser RS. I found this on Craigslist for pretty cheap, and got a great deal on it. It has 180k, and is COMPLETELY STOCK. Absolutely unmolested. Although the body and interior has seen better days, this thing purrrs like a kitten. It runs great at cruise, idles at a steady 850 RPMs and doesn't miss a beat. I have never driven a completely stock DSM. Let me just say, Mitsubishi did sh*t right. I have owned my fair share of 4G63 equip cars. I have always bolted on exhaust, bigger turbos, hard piping, lowering springs, blah blah blah...basically all the performance crap that throws all the well engineered comforts like a nice smooth quiet ride right out the window. I must say, a stock DSM is a very nice, and well engineered car. It's powerful, quiet and smooth in its purest form. I'm sure some of you are reading this are saying to yourselves; no sh*t asshole? But, having never experienced this, I'm beside myself. I'm almost not able to make myself dismantle this car. The boost control solenoid is still hooked up for gods sake. I'll get off my soap box now, but for those of you who have experienced this, please chime in and back me up here. I mean, am I the only one here wishing I could walk into the Mitsu dealer RIGHT NOW and purchase a brand new 1G DSM/VR4/Etc...???

Anyways, here's a few pics. Like I said, the car is rough, but the power train is sound. I'm anxious to run a compression test and see exactly what I'm working with. I'm hoping to strip the motor down to the short block, and run it as is. I'm still waiting to take the motor out of the VR4 and see directly what caused a rod to shoot through the oil pan. Until then, I'm going to enjoy driving the Laser!!!

matt92vr4

Congrats! You can actually retain a very nice drivable smooth, clean, quiet, comfortable Mitsu while increasing the HP. It is just not common /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Awwwww, keep it alive as is!

matt92vr4

at some point it was rear ended and the body shop was able to find those parts cheaper than the laser parts. Customer probably didn't even notice lol

holeshotmoe

Bought my galant with 78K and it was pure stock except for a HKS air can. It was a smooth rider too. My 1G had only 49K. Body and interior were stock and spotless, but rest was freshly modded so I can't say it was smooth or quiet. Now has 78K.

GSX_TC

I agree Brett, I remember 9 years ago when my 90 GST was bone stock, didn't even have the freebee mods yet, she has made a great daily driver over the years.

Sorry to hear about your VR4 man

5OF2k

When I got my first Talon, it was 95% stock. Had a cheapy crushbent catback on it and an air filter, but it was still fairly quiet and rode VERY smoothly. They're like little Cadilacs when theyre stock, its great! Unless of course you're going at a higher rate of speed than the speed limit....then it's like driving the station wagon from Billy Madison the O'Doyles' drive.....you know....with the body roll, when they go off the cliff after slipping on the banana peel? Where it feels like the car is in the lane NEXT to where the tires are rolling? ....you get the point....

'grats on the pick up sir, looks like a nice little laser. Best thing about the lasers is they go for FAR less than Talons/Eclipses, because they arent as common. Then again, kind of a catch 22 isnt it, being as theyre more rare.....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts