The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Opinions on changing color

BpuVR4

what do you guys think about changing the paint colors on our cars? No big deal or changing a major personality of the car? i always loved white...and this is my 3rd nile black vr4. down the road i'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get it painted white, but i kinda feel like it would change part of the identity of the car- am I nuts?

funny thing...the first vr4 i had- 372/2000 was originally nile black. I saw it online many years later as white...the irony.

rdomeck

Changing the color and doing it right will cost you a bunch of money. Lots of disassembly involved. Plan on dropping about $7k to do it right!

BpuVR4

thats why bodywork would be waaay down the road.

rdomeck

click

The only thing I didn't paint (yet) is the engine bay. That job would have cost about $6500 in my shop and there wasn't much body work and no rust! Somewhat of a color change. Went from Summit white to Dover white!

donkeylips

For some reason I really don't like color changes. I'm not sure why, but it's probably because I like my cars to be as original as possible cosmetically. Unless there is something seriously ugly about it that needs to be changed. Its a weird desire to keep the car how it was when it was new. But I think I have heard that changing the color of a collector's car won't really hurt it's value too much.

I think we got the GVR4 in some nice colors. If you want a white one, buy a white one instead of bastardizing a black one. A clean white shell will be cheaper than a color change. And you will have the option of respraying the car without all of the disassembly, and it will still look ok.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned