The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mid RPM boost spike

James

14b
3in exhaust no cat
Rest is stock
Home made mbc (been used for years)

I know most people creep and spike at the top end of RPMS, but after re-hooking up my MBC, set to 13lbs, it I do a full pull starting from say 2000 RPMs the boost will climb as it should to about 10lbs, when it get in the power hour of the gear it will spike to 18lbs then settle back down to 13lbs in the upper end. What could cause that?

Obviously it has something to do with the MBC because if I run wastegate pressure it will hold 10lbs till the upper end when it spikes near redline.

But if I put the MBC on a different car it doesn't do the same thing as on my car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned