The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GSX_TC's Galant VR4 Build Thread #550/2000 (Samara)

GSX_TC

2-6.jpg

3-4.jpg

1-2.jpg

9.jpg

7-1.jpg

8.jpg

5-1.jpg

10.jpg

GSXBottomEnd-1.jpg

Pauter Rods, Ross Racing Pistons, ARP everything polished crank, Clevite 77 bearings

GSXsMotor-1.jpg

Cometic Head gasket, 3 angle valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, double springs, titanium retainers and 3g lifters, FP2 cams, HKS cam gears, and power enterprise kevlar timing belt.

IMG_4480.jpg

Spearco 2-216 Front mount

IMG_4481.jpg

New power steering rack

IMG_4482.jpg

Redline fluids for the Trans, transfer case and rear diff

IMG_4483.jpg

ACT Streetlite flywheel and ARP flywheel bolts

IMG_4485.jpg

Fluidampr with ARP crank Bolt

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4487-2.jpg

All new gaskets, bolts, washers, Orings etc etc

IMG_4488-1.jpg

new OEM Mitsu Clutch master and Slave and throw out bearing with braided clutch line

IMG_4489-2.jpg

new OEM Mitsu Alternator and Starter

IMG_4490-1.jpg

new OEM Mitsu belts, Walboro 255 fuel pump, OEM 0/2 sensor, thermostat, fuel filter, and spark plugs.

IMG_4492-2.jpg

DSMlink version 3, speed density parts, and HKS BOV

IMG_4493-2.jpg

K&N filters

IMG_4497-1.jpg

STM external oil cooler kit

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4499-2.jpg

new OEM lower cover, zaklee upper clear cover, and FP2 cams with my powdercoated Valve cover

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
No better way to spend the G.I. Bill/and or Student loans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif---your FP Cams are gonna hate you resting on the bare concrete. Love the pic of the belts, thermostat, radiator cap, etc.

Why are you running a '90 ECU Mike?

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Don't worry I gently placed them there. Thanks man, I'm running a 90 because it had a 90 in it when I first got it, so all I did was switch pins 6 and 14 if I remember correctly because they were never switched, then sent the 90 to get chipped and socketed.

jmelocik

You driving this thing to the shootout? Would be good to see several GVR4s there. I'll be driving mine if the military will allow me the time off.

Josh

GSX_TC

Yep that's the plan, I'll be driving all the way there and back. As long as you put in for your leave a month or two in advance it should get approved unless your gonna deploy soon.

GSX_TC

Mike built the motor but someone else will be putting it in. Mike is in the process of relocating his shop, so he doesnt have time right now.

boostedinaz

Not gonna lie that is a nice build. Glad to see quality parts going into it.

GSX_TC

Thanks buddy, I'll be sure to keep updating on this as I go along. I can't wait to See how nice the intercooler piping comes out. I just ordered an FP intake so I can't wait till that comes in.

ApexHunter

Looks like things are going good for you down in TX. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Lots of OEM parts...nice. I'm especially stoked on the OEM alternator. Good call. Remember my alternator swapfest? After i went through a couple more parts store remans, Zak let me use an old OEM alt he had laying around and i've been driving the car a couple days a week since, 14-14.5 volts all the time.

turbowop

I don't think the reman'd Mitsu alternators and starters are as good as the originals, after hearing of others' luck with them having as many issues as some of the regular parts stores varieties. I'm pretty sure they don't come from Japan. If they were that good, I'd purchase those over the Bosch units I run. That said, all the other new OE parts are awesome.

GSX_TC

Quoting ApexHunter:
Looks like things are going good for you down in TX. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Lots of OEM parts...nice. I'm especially stoked on the OEM alternator. Good call. Remember my alternator swapfest? After i went through a couple more parts store remans, Zak let me use an old OEM alt he had laying around and i've been driving the car a couple days a week since, 14-14.5 volts all the time.

Yeah I remember that, you were going through them fast, I'm glad you got that fixed. Zak is great people

LIV4PSI

That is an awful nice pile of parts. The shootout is getting close Mike, get your game face on!

GSX_TC

oh Hell yeah! =)

Okayplayer

So what turbo are you using with this setup? What are your power goals? So many nice things there, you should share /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

cheekychimp

Mike,

Kudos to you for sticking with this, that car is really going to be nice when it is finished ... speaking of which, I didn't see an exhaust in that pile of parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting Okayplayer:
So what turbo are you using with this setup? What are your power goals? So many nice things there, you should share /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Currently I'm still on my EVO 3, orginally I wanted to get the Hta68 right before the shootout but I'm realizing I'm running out of money fast and I still need to budget for the trip. Powe goal is a healthy 500 to the wheels with a/c and daily driver status still just like it is right now. =)

Quoting cheekychimp:
Mike,

Kudos to you for sticking with this, that car is really going to be nice when it is finished ... speaking of which, I didn't see an exhaust in that pile of parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lol Actually I was Thinking of taking it all off and just going the whole trip with open downpipe, but I don't know. I don't wanna attract alot of cops attention during the big trip. Plus I like how quiet that muffler is that's on it and still 3 inches. I've driven my 1g around with open exhast like that for like 7 or 8 years so I can def handle the loudness, but like I said I just don't wanna attract the unwanted attention, but who knows, I might just do it anyways

Last edited:

GSX_TC

got another piece to add to the build.

FP 4inch intake non recirculated, with massive K&N filter and a miracle reducer coupler that allows that huge intake to fit onto my evo III big 16g =)

IMG_4520-1.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts