The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

carbon fiber hood and trunk

hey does anyone know where to get carbon fiber trunks and hoods still. im looking to get both

ktmrider

Hey you guys should check out Kamil at HiRevTuning, he makes both parts.

And then search for his seller rating but oh send your money first.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mooserage

Staff member
There really isn't a good source (*that I know of) for getting those two things in CF. As you can tell by the other poster's comments, there have been a few bad group buys and sellers of CF parts around here. Both the customer service and the quality of the products was subpar. Your best bet is to keep an eye out for someone selling the parts you want on here, but that doesn't happen very often. Good luck!

dustyduff

I have a carbon creations OEM hood on my car. The car I picked up already had the hood, so I don't know which vendor he bought it from. Quality is ok, but looks much better after it was re-clear coated. A quick google search will come up with a few leads:

AndyAutosport - TC Sportline Carbon Fiber Hoods
Octane Motorsports - Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood.

spooling92vr4

this forum has put the double whammy curse on all things carbon fiber. I got a tc sportline hood a while ago from ebay.. they are all from the same mold which is a less than perfect fit.

mitsuturbo

Quoting dustyduff:
I have a carbon creations OEM hood on my car. The car I picked up already had the hood, so I don't know which vendor he bought it from. Quality is ok, but looks much better after it was re-clear coated. A quick google search will come up with a few leads:

AndyAutosport - TC Sportline Carbon Fiber Hoods
Octane Motorsports - Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood.

f*** andy's auto sport, as well as autocarparts.com. Go looking at some reviews of andysautosport, and you'll see why. Heed the warnings you read. They're real and i experienced it firsthand just recently.

I called and verified a part was CURRENTLY IN STOCK. They said they have TWO greddy shift knobs. I called knowing they're NLA from greddy, hoping there's some NOS sitting there, since it's on the site. I placed my order. 3 days later i get a call stating they're NLA. WHAT - THE - f***... i was pissed. I was like, look, i called you motherfuckers FIVE MINUTES before placing an online order, and you said you have TWO of these on the f***ing shelf. Now what? Guy asks if i want "something different" im like NO! I want my money back!

This was a week and a half ago. He said it would take 3 days for a refund.... i'm still waiting.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned