The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suspension

Ok so i just got a galant and i want to lower the car. I will be going with coilovers in a few months but for the time being im looking for suggestions on good springs that will drop the car 2" up front and close to that in the back

mitsuturbo

If i had it to do all over again, on the suspension, i would have skipped the AGXs and springs and just gone with a full coilover setup, or koni yellows and Ground Controls.

Alright well usually i can find all the parts i need for my talon with ease but i cant find sh*t for the galants. Any web site suggestions for the spring and strut combo

Ia anybody on here selling good coilovers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

turbowop

Im looking forward to the replies this thread gets, because this has never been discussed before and i have no idea what would be good either. I wish this forum had a search button.

jepherz

Staff member
Why don't you just save your money and instead of buying a setup "for a few months", just buy the coil overs in a few months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

KiNgMaRtY

You want to look for 1g Koni yellows and Ground Controls VR-4 specific if you want to go that low.

The other option would be to get the Tein, BC, Megan, or K-Sport coilover kits, for a 1g.

If you have a little more to spend, you can get some JIC FLT-2's.

If you one of the best suspensions available for the VR-4, get the Hotbits.

conradical

I run KYB AGX and ground control coils. I love this setup it allows me to lower the car up to 3 inches and raise it back to stock hight. The ground controls also have a great ride there not as smooth as stock but they are smoother then any other coils that Ive driven. Ive never felt how a full coil setup will ride and feel. I would go with this setup.

nsin

Yeah, just save your money, and get the goods.. I ordered a set of Bc coilovers from bobdole. Good reviews on them..

Nartanian

There are plenty of setups. Depends what kind of quality/adjustability you're looking for and how much you are willing to spend. I've heard good things in regards to Hotbit and BC coilovers. Otherwise you can look into some K-Sport or D2 coilovers.

desant78

click

^coil overs from a great seller.

KiNgMaRtY

I had AGX's and hated them with aftermarket springs. They can't handle much more than a stock spring for too long.

raptorWagon

Quoting turbowop:
Im looking forward to the replies this thread gets, because this has never been discussed before and i have no idea what would be good either. I wish this forum had a search button.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Also, what hasn't been mentioned is the Modified Evo 8/9 Suspension, all the info on that is in the How to section of the forum.

blacksheep

Quoting DSMgetlaid:
Ia anybody on here selling good coilovers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

We carry the ksports for the galant vr4. They are made to order, about 4 weeks lead time. If you are interested PM me for a price quote!

ade

exoX stokers with lowering springs?

click

ade

or take it a lil further and call swift springs for custom spring rate and ride height, send exoX mr stokers to Bilstein for revalve. depending on who you know $700-$!000 later ??? not sure what to expect, hopefully WIN!!

Last edited:

ade

G-vr4 Curb Weight: 3,270-3527lb weight distribution F/R: 58/42 spring rate front: ???kg rear: ???????kg

Evo-X Curb Weight: 3,131–3,527lb weight distribution F/R: 57/43 spring rate front: 3.5kg(196lb) rear: 2.9-3.8kg(162-212lb) (kg/mm & lbs/in)

Im getting a lil carried away here, looking into the EvoX mr stockers, both cars are pretty close on curb and distribution weights, i feel like a revalve might not be needed if swift can provide springs at a lowered ride height with stock mr spring rates. what do you ladies think?

Last edited:

citymunky

Man the GVR4 is a heavy bitch.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts