The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Matte black GVR4?

citymunky

Does anybody have or has anybody seen a Matte black GVR4? If so can you post pic's or a link? 1505 needs a paint job, and I LOVE matte cars, but I'm unsure if the body lines of a GVR4 would look good in that shade of black.

citymunky

I found this pic, but its a bit foggy.IDK?

IMG00459-500x375.jpg

Last edited:

fuel

I would go Satin black instead of Matte black. Matte black just looks too rough while Satin looks more classy and being semi-gloss can show up some good lines.

FCR

I hope this help....

citymunky

I like the 1st pic, however IDK about the 2nd pic. Hmmmm. BTW what rims are those? They look like Work Emotions but the center is not right.

citymunky

Thanks, I searched his name and found some pic's

132405-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

91GVR4#479

I've had white, green, and this 1 black (regular shiny black)........this was the best looking of all, when it was clean and waxed/Users/Bob/Desktop/Dad/Blackmitsu.JPG

VR_IV_MR

im either going matte or satin black or i might just cover the whole car with bedliner haha

mitsuturbo

the "matte" colors just look to me like the car was put in primer and the owner too poor or uncaring to finish the paint job
definitely not a look i'm fond of

Quoting citymunky:
I like the 1st pic, however IDK about the 2nd pic. Hmmmm. BTW what rims are those? They look like Work Emotions but the center is not right.

They look like volk wheels or replicas.....

citymunky

Quoting mitsuturbo:
the "matte" colors just look to me like the car was put in primer and the owner too poor or uncaring to finish the paint job
definitely not a look i'm fond of

Really? Even the cars below? How I know the GVR4 body lines are NO where near as sexy.

tumblr_l9kv96Ru681qbw2r6o1_1280.jpg

39291044050_large.jpg

Last edited:

fuel

^^ That's SATIN black, not MATTE black.

citymunky

Whatever, at the end of the day it's not gloss black or flat black like the car below

456125_113_full.jpg

PreskitVR4

Quoting FCR:
I hope this help....

I am glad someone was paying attention to the forum and posted a pic of 501 for me. They are Volk CE28s, and the satin black was nice for a while, cool when I was a kid because I HATED green. Now I'm older and I've grown into the green. When taken care of, satin can last 4 years as mine has. I tend to agree with Mark on this, the gay does not have strong enough lines, it loses something without the shine. Funny though, the first two cars that get posted up are AZ cars, Brian's "anti-rice" was the first.

citymunky

Quoting turbowop:
Aggressive bodied cars like that can pull off the look. IMO, the GVR4, cannot.

That's kinda of what I was getting at on the 1st post.

Quoting PreskitVR4:

They are Volk CE28s, and the satin black was nice for a while, cool when I was a kid because I HATED green. Now I'm older and I've grown into the green. When taken care of, satin can last 4 years as mine has. I tend to agree with Mark on this, the gay does not have strong enough lines, it loses something without the shine.

In that case I'm sorry about calling them Work Wheels, Volk's are very popular with the last platform I came from, however the were always GT-S's, GT30's, SF chellege, and TE37s.

I thought i was the only Green Hater, (I own nothing green). And /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif at calling the GVR4 "the gay"

PreskitVR4

My best friend has an All-Trac, I picked up calling it the gay from him. Now my wife affectionately calls it that as she dreams of torching it with a smile on her face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts