The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which type of oil and fluid to select? How often should be changed?

Ethan

Hello,

I would like to know about things.

For VR4 driving as daily drive, atHot weather condition ,
(Mostly had drive for very short trip, I took her out for long walk 1 or 2 times per week. Use 92 Octane )

- Which type of Engine oil is suit?
- Should change engine oil after how many mileage?

- Which type of Automatic Transmission fluid is suit?

- How often should the radiator be flushed?

- How often should the filters (oil, air) be changed?

Please, kindly share me the knowledge if u could. Cos, I don't know much things and I am start learning.

conradical

You should always use a full Synthetic oil I use Lucas oil but any high quality synthetic oil will work. With synthetic oil I’ve heard you can keep it in the engine for close to 15k miles but I would say change it every 3k to 5k miles just to be on the safe side. Also when changing the oil you have to change the oil filter at the same time. The radiator flush is good to do once a year along with a thermostat change but not necessary. Depending on how dirty/dusty the type of driving you do change the air filter every year. Better yet get a K&N air filter that way you can just wash it out and reinstall it. Most of what I say is ideal not a must but if you keep on top of these simple fluid changes your car will run better and last longer, with the Mitsubishi reliability not being the best these things will help a lot.

Try this site out....I personally prefer 20w-50 Synthetic until it gets close to freezing.

click

Quoting Ethan:
Hello,

I would like to know about things.

For VR4 driving as daily drive, atHot weather condition ,
(Mostly had drive for very short trip, I took her out for long walk 1 or 2 times per week. Use 92 Octane )

- Which type of Engine oil is suit?
- Should change engine oil after how many mileage?

- Which type of Automatic Transmission fluid is suit?

- How often should the radiator be flushed?

- How often should the filters (oil, air) be changed?

Please, kindly share me the knowledge if u could. Cos, I don't know much things and I am start learning.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned