The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what exhaust are you running that allows you to go low?

I'm running a thermal 3in cat back. 2 to flex pipe to 2.5 down pipe. I'm lowered a little in the front and I think stock in the rear. Front springs are red and rear are black, no writing on them. But I scrape the exhaust easily. I have a drive shaft loop that if I get rid of looks like I can save an inch, but the rear is about a half inch from the diff and lower control arm, I don't see how I can save any space there.

gtluke

usually the exhaust scrapes up by the flex section. Can you confirm? It might just not be mounted as high as possible, or the cat is hitting the ground? Pics?

SouthCaliVR4

My certified 3" turboback has rubbed on the flex section but otherwise is up way to tight to make contact with the ground. Even when I lived on the island & had to drive onto the ferry at extreme low tides it didn't rub. Now I did have a couple issues with it contacting the driveline in heavy rain due to it warping when puddle splash cooled a section. A couple dimples & trimming the edge of the converter fixed that right up.

Quoting gtluke:
usually the exhaust scrapes up by the flex section. Can you confirm? It might just not be mounted as high as possible, or the cat is hitting the ground? Pics?

It usually scrapes by the flex section, sometimes at the rear by the diff. No cat. Car is up in the air at the moment and I took the exhaust off, so no picc.

Terry Posten

You are not that far away, look at my "rides" post and look at my exhaust. click

My friend has an exhaust shop in DeWitt, IA and I can hook you up. That is one piece, custom bent, from the down pipe to the muffler. It is crush bent but if you are not trying to get the last 15 hp from a 500hp+ engine, it won't matter.

(no questions asked, wink, wink, wink.)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts