The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vancouver, Wa or Portland, Or

I am moving to Portland tomorrow.

Was curious if there were any GVR4'ers over in these parts!

Lemme kno!

It would be helpful to know someone who has some expertise in close proximity... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

4thStroke

There are a bunch of us over here!

For parts and all around good company, thedsmguy, Paul, is in Vancouver.

I'm just north of Vancouver in Battle Ground and work at ETS (we are now right in Vancouver). Let me know if you need any ETS parts or are looking to grab a beer. I'm a 4 minute walk to one of the PNW's finest breweries.

Smitty1457, Nick is also a local who loves good beer as well.

There are quite a few GVR4 owners who are not so active online.

English Racing is withing a few miles of us as well.

I think you'll enjoy it over here.

What's bringing you to Vancouver/Portland?

Nice!

Yeah I have bought parts from paul, and it seemed like there were quite a few peeps over there! SWEET!

I was originally coming over cuz a bunch of my buddies live there, but then I got offered a job selling tv advertising but their corp. insurance didnt like the fact I got caught going 115 in a 55 lol! reckless driving (great weather conditions and just finished my build, couldn't help myself)

but hell yeah man, my galant is running great with 2k on engine 166k on chasis but there seems to be a knock inside the engine and to be quite honest im better with VW... I am not going to let his car beat me, it will be a rockstar whether it likes it or not!

Luke

thedsmguy

It will be nice to have another gvr4 local. I just picked up another (total of three), and my friend Kerry has one as well.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

Yeah welcome to Western WA and away from Spokanistan! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm way up by the other Vancouver, however. Once in a while I may make a drive down to Paul's for parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIV4PSI

Quoting Lennydrvs:
Nice!

I am not going to let his car beat me, it will be a rockstar whether it likes it or not!

That's the spirit! And it's a Galant, so its going to fight you all the way.

I wish my local shop was within walking district to a brewery that makes real beer. Talk about convenient

LIV4PSI

The fact it is by your house is even better. The only bar within walking distance of my house definitely isn't worth going to, ever.

GVR47111K

There's a bar 30 seconds from my residence, I win!

raptorWagon

Is it a Microbrewery? If not then PNW still wins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Quoting 4thStroke:
Work is a 10-15 minute drive, the brew pub is a 4 minute walk from my house... perfect stumbling distance.

Very nice indeed!

Im literally right in between Van and Port off of i5 on the Portland side...

I made the 5hr trek today from Spokane without a hitch however at 7-11psi im getting knock lights across the old turbo gauge (chipped ecu)

I am hoping its pre detonation but have a feeling its something mechanical inside the engine...but who knows

If anyone is down to meet up after work one of these days I would love to get some advice from an expert!

Beer is on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned