The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Diversion or cooling plate

Hey guys does anyone make a cooling plate for the Galantvr4 cant ever remember seeing one? I was just freelancing and put this together would have to take some measurements etc to make it legit. I was just playing around so it isn't dimensionally correct or anything what do guys think?

Okayplayer

It goes on the radiator support, from the grill to the radiator to direct air to the radiator instead of the engine bay. I was considering building one of these for myself, good to see someone else putting some interest into it.

RedTwo

Considering how much of an oven the stock under bonnet becomes it would be interesting to see what, if any, benefits it provides.

A mate makes copies of Cusco diversion plates for WRX's; I think each one costs him less than a cent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ktmrider

They do work, like mentioned they force more air THRU the radiator instead of around/under.

Quoting jordangvr4:
Curtis made a run of these a few years ago.

If he did maybe he could whip up a few more I would be interested rather than try to re-invent the wheel Curtis?????????????????????????

unistylef

bump, everyone should have one.

JNR

I could see this helping for sure...Have you also considered putting a rubber 'air dam' below the front fascia to help direct airflow thru, as well? They did this on the F-bodies since they didn't have a conventional grill opening and it seemed to work quite well.

GSX_TC

If someone made this, again or still does or whatever the case may be, I would be down for two of them for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts