The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Automatic seat belt trigger?

rdomeck

My passenger side seat belt has not worked since I painted the car. I can ground out the relay and get it to move back and forth and the door light comes on when I open the door so I know the door switch is working. Anybody know how the ground signal gets to the relay?

mjdarg

I realize this thread is old, but I'm having a related problem.

I've been having an intermittent problem with my driver's seatbelt for the past couple months. My seatbelt will retract at a specific angle open. Usually this is a few inches. At first, I was really confused why this was the case. The button switch that is on the chassis works fine for me, but doesn't seem to have any effect on the success rate of retraction. Apparently, there is a switch located in the door latch? My thought is the wiring for this switch is iffy and the circuit is only completed at the specific angle. Does anybody know which switch I am looking for in the picture below?

GSTwithPSI

Pop the shoulder belt out of the buckle and make sure the retractor is not your problem. Sometimes the retractor will lock as the belt is moving back to the rear postiton and keep the buckle from getting full travel.

I just had a similar issue with my passenger side belt. I found that one of the wires had somehow pulled free from the wiring harness connector to the retractor. I had to depin the connector and resolder the wire to the pin. If it hadn't been completely separated I don't know that I would have caught it. I would imagine that if the connector was coming apart you may have some intermittent trouble. Mine was broke when I the car so I'm not sure if it had been having problems prior to it completely failing. May be worth checking into. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts