The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlight housing rings

Where can I find these:

IMAG0050.jpg

Dealer tells me that they can still get me the headlights (at 250 a piece), but not the rings.

I don't want junkyard parts because they are twenty year old fragile plastic parts.

I think I can still mount one around this housing?

SouthCaliVR4

Looks like someone fucked up the headlamp as well, not just the retention rings. The oe headlamps are common & you should have few problems finding a good replacement set. Post up in WTB.

If no one has damaged them you'll find used ones will hold up just fine.

citymunky

You just answered your own question.

The dealer sells the Headlight unit, however you a new locking ring which was mostly sub-contracted to another company during the time 6th gen Galants were made in Japan. You don't want to a junk yard ring because they are going to break the minute you touch them because its a "twenty year old fragile plastic part."

I'm petty sure nobody here or any vendor has BNIB locking rings laying around. Therefore I guess you go pay $250 for a new headlight unit, and make all the other old 20 year old parts on your Galant jealous.

I guess I could have clarified. I'm wondering if another car uses these rings? Something newer that a dealer would carry?

The housing is beat up because of the previous owner attempting to make the IC piping fit. The three tabs are still there, so I hope I can make a ring fit around it properly.

citymunky

You don't get it do you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

You're intentionally being an ass? Yeah, I get that.

Last edited by a moderator:

dustyduff

I have a spare one laying around if you need it. PM me. Just pay shipping, which should be really cheap.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned