The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#108 went to the dyno finally.

EMX5636

A buddy of mine finally convinced me to strap the car down. Mods are 2.0L Wiseco std bore/R&R Aluminum rods. Stock head, old school Crower 280's and springs, HKS cam gears (set to 0* for now), JMF Race SMIM/ T3 Topmount/ downpipe/ IC pipes. Apexi Skyline core FMIC with JNZTuning custom end tanks. Running FIC 1050's and 1000cc 50/50 water/meth. Tuned by KPTuning on speed density. AMS750R Turbo (Billet PTE 5857 DBB with a .63 hotside).

At 27-28psi on straight pump, car put down 471whp/366tq. At 30psi it made 508whp/394tq. We are looking to change a couple things, get some more dyno time, mess with the cam gears and then turn the wick up. The engine will take 36-38psi, but I don't think this turbo will like that much boost, it's rated to 605HP, and I'm basically there at the crank now. But it hits hard below 4k, and is smooth as silk through the revs.

I guess someday I will have to get some good pictures of my car for a Member Showcase.

dmj

Old school Crower 280 cams rock,not many people run them though . Nice numbers on pump. congrats

EMX5636

I'm trying to find the cam card for a set. I bought them brand new from a buddy, who told me they were the stage 3's. I have been looking into GSC or Kelford sets if I change them out.

EMX5636

Bazeng- Right now I only have 2 meth nozzles (500cc each), but a couple guys around me have been talking about direct port meth, so it might happen.

bazeng

Very curious on how the meth injection works.
Do you have any links or details of your system?

I was thinking of going E85 but not really keen on the additional maintenance requirements.

A seperate meth/water inj system sounds good.

Vr4junkie

click

This is a good link explains it very well

EMX5636

You can find Shurflow pumps (125psi MINIMUM) down around $100 US. I am using "Coolingmist" brand nozzles at $25 each, and one inline solenoid for $50.

blackvr4

Great Numbers!

As far as meth set ups, I have ran various different meth set ups on different cars I have owned. So far the best kit I have ran is the "Devil's Own Kit" With the -4AN stainless steel lines, Non of that push lock stuff that I have had leak on various set ups in the past, also stay away from Snow Performance pumps, I have destroyed 3 or 4 of their pumps.

Other than that it is great stuff, OP I don't think direct meth is really needed, I have been running 33psi on a bone stock bottom end for 3-4years now and just running a single 600cc nozzle and 1000CC injectors, running 100% methanol.

BTW what is your ignition timing looking like?

Last edited:

EMX5636

Quoting blackvr4:
Great Numbers!

As far as meth set ups, I have ran various different meth set ups on different cars I have owned. So far the best kit I have ran is the "Devil's Own Kit" With the -4AN stainless steel lines, Non of that push lock stuff that I have had leak on various set ups in the past, also stay away from Snow Performance pumps, I have destroyed 3 or 4 of their pumps.

Other than that it is great stuff, OP I don't think direct meth is really needed, I have been running 33psi on a bone stock bottom end for 3-4years now and just running a single 600cc nozzle and 1000CC injectors, running 100% methanol.

BTW what is your ignition timing looking like?

Direct port isn't needed, but we've seen a couple cars that went (meth) lean in the #1-2 cylinder when flowing high airflows, 35-37psi on 6262 and 6266 turbos. I'll have to check my timing maps, but IIRC it's holding 15-17* up top. Are you running M1 or M5 Methanol? I'm currently running 50-50 M1, but I have been talking to a few people about swapping to straight M5 to gain some timing.

I use push-loc hose and fittings from a local hydraulic shop. Haven't bought any "kits" so I can't really comment on the quality of the stuff they come with. But no leaks and it's probably cheaper than buying from a meth company.

thecman02

I love how flat that torque curve is. I don't know why you'd want to mess with different cams especially if you think the turbo can't flow much more anyways.

EMX5636

I'm not necessarily looking to change them out. I would like to adjust the gears a bit, to see what I pick up vs. lose. I'm thinking the turbo can make the power I want it to on more boost and meth alone.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned