The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Brake setup finally installed

vr4play

I have been looking around trying to find something to fit under my 16" race wheels and couldn't ever find anything to clear. Finally I decided to do it myself. I had some wilwood calipers lying around from my buddies Subaru race car and just had to find rotors. I was originally going to use 13" cobra rotors but decided that wasn't going to fit without 17" wheels. I thought about 3000GT VR-4 rotors but decided they were to expensive and hard to come by. I ended up with crown victoria rotors. They are 12" in diameter and 1.10" thick. I just have to find longer wheel studs and spacers so my street wheels will fit. Does anyone know what longer arp studs will fit?

Last edited:

GSX_TC

BrandonEchols

True - but mine are way cheaper - and rated to the same tensile strength.

F that sh*t. For that price, I'd rather get a set of Moroso's or ARP 1/2 20's with a similar knurl dia. They only run 20 bux for a set of 5.

vr4play

Finally got this all installed.

The H&R wheel spacers came with wheel studs so thats what I used. I'm happy with the way it came out. I just wanted to be able to dissipate more heat. This was fairly economical for me. Will find out how well it works if I can get everything else finished before the 15th. It stops really well with hawk dtc70 pads. I think they are going to be too much though. The balance feels really good without the abs. I always thought there was too much rear brake before. This seems much better from what I could tell from my 15min. test drive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts