The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where did you mount you s-afc?

dsmkid

Searched*
For those of you that have mounted a safc in your galant im curious where you have put it. I have mine hidden in the glovebox atm but was thinking about possibly mounting it inside the hole where the clock is. It looks like it will fit almost perfect. Anyone ever done this before? thoughts, opinions, and pics please!

GSX_TC

David (apexhunter) has his AFC mounted in the clock area, and looks pretty good there, fits perfectly.

Lucas03ES

When I bought my car there was an original S-AFC in it (knobs) and it was mounted in the ash tray. I have the old cut up surround for that by the way if anyone wants it... I was just going to throw it out.

alansupra94

I have seen many people put it in their glove box. That is where I would put it at least.

BluFalcon

I had mine mounted underneath the radio, but will be installing gauges in that location soon. A friend had his mounted in the coin tray area directly under the radio. Bolted the metal stand to the felt covered base on the bottom of the tray and velcroed the S-AFC to the stand.

ApexHunter

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

On that note, yeah i wouldn't mount it anywhere that requires modification that is difficult to reverse, as ideally you will only be using the safc as a temporary bandaid. You'll find (if you haven't already) there are much better relatively affordable tuning solutions out there. That said, the keydiver/safc combo is adequate for my current needs.

Here's a video where you can see how it is mounted in my car in the clock recess.

dsmkid

Very true, and yes it will be somewhat temporary. Im leaning more towards keeping it in the glovebox for now.

boostedinaz

I had one for a short while in 1101 and put it in the 89 underdash pocket.

GSX_TC

DSMLink v3 FTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

strokin4dr

^Stay on topic or stay out of the thread.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts