The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Window Tint on Monday - Loose the 4WS sticker?

matt92vr4

Hey guys, I'm getting the windows tinted on Monday. This will be the first "mod" to the G. I'm debating whether or not to remove the 4WS sticker in the back window. Generally speaking I'm going to keep the car original, but I think it might look better without it. What do you guys think? What did you guys do? Pics?

Thanks,
Matt

SouthCaliVR4

My back window was replaced before I got it & never had the sticker, I think it looks just fine. That & I am in process of removing it so, It would be kinda false advertising /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

381gvr4

If its even remotely possible to remove in ok shape, I'll buy it! I've been trying to get an original but they are NLA....

mikus

vote for remove. If you're a tinter I doubt you're a stock purist (or won't stay one)

GSX_TC

i had no idea that if you were to re-tint the car that it would get rid off the 4ws sticker. i would just keep it man.

NickDromez

i got my windows tinted. i love the tint way more than i love the 4ws sticker. also the guy who did the tints had to take it off anyway otherwise the tint would bubble around the sticker

GSX_TC

dam that sucks, here i was thinking i could tint it and keep the sticker, oh well.

Brunoboy

I have 10% tint and the 4ws sticker.

GSX_TC

how did you keep your sticker?

KT

Think about it, tint over the sticker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

GSX_TC

but wouldnt it bubble over it though?

Terry Posten

Mine looks fine and it was done 5 years ago.

A good tinter with good quality tint will be able to do it without issues.

1uGlyGalaNt

Is the sticker on the outside or inside? Tint goes on the inside so if the sticker is on the outside then no problem.

GSX_TC

4ws sticker is in the inside i believe.

Last edited:

NickDromez

well its a sticker. again, i would much rather have 5% tints on all rear windows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

turbowop

I took my sticker off 1051 when I removed the 4WS. I don't think it's possible to take it off in a way that could allow it to be reused. It's been on there for 20 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif 503 still has the sticker even though it doesn't have 4WS anymore. Personally, I think the 4WS was a pretty lame feature, so the sticker doesn't interest me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

matt92vr4

Hi guys, thanks for the responses. The sticker is on the inside and the tint will go on the inside. That's why I have this small dilemma. Generally speaking I want to keep things original (not having tint in FL is not a reasonable option) so I would prefer to keep the sticker. I do not however want the tint to bubble up around it. I'm going now to talk to the tinter to see what he says.

Brunoboy

Quoting GSX_TC:
but wouldnt it bubble over it though?

mine didnt.

mikus

Shouldn't be an issue. I've tinted my share of windows (driveway heat gun style mind you) and never had a problem with air/seperation on stuff like that sticker. A pro shouldn't even blink at it.

curtis

That or after the tints on and spread out they could razor around the sticker and remove the tint behind the sticker.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned